Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations

La Rue,

Congratulations, looks like a great opportunity for you. As you can probably tell, there are pilots out there that wish it could have happened to them when they needed a break. Don't let it bother you. Just concentrate on what you have to do.

One of the other posts echoed my first impression of your gratitude... keep it quiet. You definitely don't want your fellow pilots thinking you don't deserve to be there. Also, stay focused and keep yourself on personal probation for a while. The last thing you need is to make a few mistakes that drain your confidence. Just keep a professional attitude, be a good communicator, and stay well ahead of the airplane.

Good luck,

I agree 100% with CL60.... Be happy, but keep yourself in check... you don't want to be known as the guy who got the job because your dad knows the CEO... If you can help it, don't even let that fact out, ever! You are there, become one of the team, sit back and learn how the operation is run (don't come in trying to change the world)

Otherwise stay focused, learn the plane as well as you can and be a good communicator... you will do fine!

oh yeah, most importantly... HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!

Falcon Capt.

You are a moron

Lets recap.

You are essentially unqualified compared to many of the guys on the street with 2-10 times your hours.

You have no jet experience yet was hired over many qualified pilots with thousands of hours.

You have no jet time.

You went to your current employer and showed what you are made of by giving him NO notice and quitting immediately.
Incredibly, it appears he was actually nice to you about it.

You then came on this board to brag about how you secured a job you are completely unqualified to have by getting your lawyer daddy to pull some strings for you. Rubbing others noses in the fact that you have gained a corporate job by getting your daddy to beg for you is totally pathetic. The fact that you openly admit and brag about it is just sad. Hopefully, daddy can keep your job for you cuz I assure that your old boss ain't jumping for joy that you just left him in a lurch.

Lastly, incredibly, the pilots on this board are encouraging a complete a**hole like yourself.

My advice is to try not to get fired and generally keep your idiot mouth shut. Keep sucking up to your dad too. Its working out great for you.

Congrats. You just won idiot of the month.

>>Proof solid, its not what you know its who you know in the corporate world, although I do consider myself a great pilot.>>

Man, I almost missed this quote from you. It makes me sad you are in my profession. What a jerk off.

La Rue said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kinds words and encouragement, even you dj2000 I do appreciate what you in so many words are saying.

Just returned from saying bye to my current now former employer and he was to say the least happy for me, even though I was not able to give him any appreciable notice I could work out.

But, as he said, I’m not the first person who had to leave for another job with no notice and he’s sure I won’t be his last either.

I’ve got the books the company gave me on the Lear 60 and I’m going to be reading into the wee hours of the morning. Then I’ve got to go and pilfer (Ermmmm, I mean appropriate) some boxes from the local Publix to pack up all my trash to move.

Again, guys thanks for the kind words.

James
:cool:

Everyone had to start somewhere.... we all had 0 Jet time at some point....

I got hired at my Charter job with 0 turbine time... I left 3 1/2 years later with 1,800 turbine (1,350 of which was jet) and 3 jet type ratings....

I came into my current job with 3 jet type ratings and no international experience... I now have 2 more Type ratings and am a Captain on a $34 million jet flying worldwide...

Everyone had to start somewhere... some people get more help from others then some of us do (I had no connections, just persistence)... I bet one of your military buds has helped you get a job somewhere along the line....

This kid has 1700 hours... he is excited to have a jet job.... Remember GETTING a job is fairly easy, KEEPING it is another thing all together! The proof is in the pudding, if he can do it more power too him, if he can't... he'll be gone soon enough....

In the mean time, lets all not forget where we came from.... I wasn't born with my time, I earned it.... Flight Instructing, Charter and Corporate.... He will earn his too... as you also have earned yours...

Good Luck and Fly Safe!

I've been out of work for over two months. I have over 1600 hours of Falcon 20 time and I can't get a job. It's not what you know but who you know sometimes. Take a job any way you can get it. I would gladly take a job that my father helped me get. I hope you have fun flying your first jet. I couldn't stop smiling the first time I took off in the Falcon.
Good Luck
FD

First Off, Congrats.

I will agree with the others that you might want to be a little more discreet with some of your info. The chief pilot that hired you knows your situation, but I'm willing to bet that several of your future co-workers were trying to get some of their friends hired for the spot you just filled, imagine how they are going to feel if they read your post.

You are going to love flying the 60. I'm not typed in the 60 but I have a little time in it and it is a hot rod. You didn't say if you are going to FSI or Bombardier for training, but I would recommend learning the "bold face" memory items verbatim, know the limitations by heart, and when you are going thru the AFM there are Warnings, Cautions, and Notes (they are boxed with an arrow) it will help to have looked at these. I wouldn't worry about "teaching" yourself the systems too much.

Good Luck.

Re: You are a moron

Clownpilot said:
Lets recap.

You are essentially unqualified compared to many of the guys on the street with 2-10 times your hours.

You have no jet experience yet was hired over many qualified pilots with thousands of hours.

You have no jet time.

You went to your current employer and showed what you are made of by giving him NO notice and quitting immediately.
Incredibly, it appears he was actually nice to you about it.

You then came on this board to brag about how you secured a job you are completely unqualified to have by getting your lawyer daddy to pull some strings for you. Rubbing others noses in the fact that you have gained a corporate job by getting your daddy to beg for you is totally pathetic. The fact that you openly admit and brag about it is just sad. Hopefully, daddy can keep your job for you cuz I assure that your old boss ain't jumping for joy that you just left him in a lurch.

Lastly, incredibly, the pilots on this board are encouraging a complete a**hole like yourself.

My advice is to try not to get fired and generally keep your idiot mouth shut. Keep sucking up to your dad too. Its working out great for you.

Congrats. You just won idiot of the month.

>>Proof solid, its not what you know its who you know in the corporate world, although I do consider myself a great pilot.>>

Man, I almost missed this quote from you. It makes me sad you are in my profession. What a jerk off.

Wink at small faults; remember thou hast great ones.

:mad:

LaRue,

Congrats on the job but I have to somewhat agree with Clownpilot's stance. You are a professional pilot now so act like a professional on these boards.

La Rue,

Looks like you upset a few people who don't even know you. Better get used to conflict resolution and personality management now... it will make you a better cockpit manager someday. Honestly, physically flying an airplane of any type is relatively easy as long as you have good training. Effective, positive human interaction in a close knit flight department is the real challenge. Like this forum, you may run into people who don't like you before they even get to know you.

Your first post on this thread gained you two and perhaps three detractors so far. (Shall we count the passive aggressive posts too?). Admittedly, passing judgement on you based on an exuberant thread posting is a bit reckless and quite unfair however, I do understand the frustration I've seen here.

I don't know you personally nor am I privy to the details, (aside from one message), surrounding your situation so I don't know if you're an ***hole or not as you are summarily categorized in a previous email. I do know however that I and other pilots out there struggled for many years before we were able to succeed in this business. Personally, I would have gladly accepted any help when I started. I suspect that even your detractors would have accepted help early in their careers as well. Your only transgression here is being a little naive. After reading your initial post, most of us expected you to get at least a few negative verbal volleys. Treat it like a situation that might arise in the cockpit... learn from it, put it behind you, and move on.

Just remember, there are an infinite number of opportunities to screw up in our beloved profession. Experience and humility will keep you from taking advantage of many of those opportunities.

Good luck,

Congrats

La Rue,
Congrats on the new job - especially in this aviation market. You did it right - there is nothing wrong with having somebody help you get a job - its called NETWORKING. That's how it works in this world. Why do you think so many military guys get hired (some civilian guys too - lets not turn this into an "us vs them" war) with the majors - sure they are qualified, but it's because almost everybody has a "how can I help my buddy", and "who do I know at XXX company" mentality.

Unless you have 12 kazillion hours and have been to the moon, chances are you aren't going to get a job today by just sending a resume in cold.

Congrats - I can tell you are excited. The lear will be fun, and you will love your job. Good luck.

Chocks

Latest resources

Back