How's ATP??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superrav

was thinking about doing the CFI,II,MEI there...anyone have any comments about they're training?
thanks

ATP

I went to ATP last spring. Inst-MEII. Class was in ATL. I don't have any complaints. I am 32 years old and I don't have a lot of time to waste. If I did have a lot of time to waste I would still go. ATP is what you make of it. If you are easy going and don't get up tight when things don't go perfect you will be happy with ATP. With that said your flight instructor has a lot to do with your happiness. If you want some uptight flight instructors go to the JAX office in Florida where the bosses are! The further from Florida you get the looser the ship.
I have since met a few guys from comair and ATP still seems to be the best way to go.
Good luck Chad

ATP

I went through the career pilot program in JAX and instructed there for 6 months and will echo the above comments. Not a better bang for the buck. However, it helps to be very self-motivated as they will not hold your hand through the program.
By the way, JAX is the best location BECAUSE coorporate is close and because the instructors hold themselves to a high standard there (at least they did for the duration of my stay).
Good luck!

The school was great. I attended in Dallas and had a blast.

I will say that unfortunately they have ousted the go anywhere anytime idea for set guidelines now. When i was there we would show up and say "hey let's go to Colorado Springs for dinner," and the next thing you know we are cruising up the mountain range preparing for a delicious dinner. Or lunch in Roswell, or even just cruising down to the local 2000' strip to do touch and goes by the lake. From what i understand, now every flight must be approved by the crew (corporate) in JAX, which kind of puts a damper on the last minute decisions to have some fun.

Minus the above i would say it is still worth the time and money. Just don't let yourself fall behind, because you cannot expect them to hold your hand to catch up. You will be flying in the real world now, not at mom and pops flight school, so they expect some kind of professionalism out of you.

thanks for the positive feedback..i'm going to sign up for the april 1st class for the cfi,ii,mei..

later

Did the 10 hour ATP in Atlanta.
Excellent... but echo the fact that you get out of it what you put into it.

That said, I'd use them again. It was good training, and it got the job done in quick fashion.

Latest resources

Back