• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to pack for 10-15 days?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wanted to get some ideas of how some of you pack for longer rotations on the road (10-15 days).

Do you bring five pairs of everything, and then wash clothes twice?

Can you fit everything into a 22" carryon bag? (Company policy).

How many uniform shirts?

Do you bring stuff that can be washed in the hotel sink?

Cotton vs. Synthetic?

*Moderator*

Please do not move this to another section. A lot of 135 companies are now requiring longer rotations. This is very relevant to this section!

Seriously.....just pack for 5 days and do two washes.....there's your 15 days.

Seriously.....just pack for 5 days and do two washes.....there's your 15 days.

Must be nice to fly part 91. The sink ends up being the washing machine at most hotels. Trying to fit in washing clothes on 10 hrs off can be time consuming if you need to eat and sleep etc...

Must be nice to fly part 91. The sink ends up being the washing machine at most hotels. Trying to fit in washing clothes on 10 hrs off can be time consuming if you need to eat and sleep etc...

most 91 ops allow for laundry service paid by the company. Min rest and trying to knock out laundry sucks, been there and had to wear the stinky Tshirt. I once went in the back of the airplane when i flew cargo in a Falcon20. The co pilot had his wet laundry spread out all over the place.

Last edited:
you can get 4 days out of one pair of drawers...by swapping inside out, the back to front

Some may call BS on this.....but screw the company sometimes. When I flew Part 135 and simply had absolutely nothing clean....I told them I'm doing wash the next morning and if there's a trip it WILL wait for me. Screw them.....can't fly around with skid marks in your underwear.

Maybe that's why I'm all 91 now......the 135 world is just full of scumbags.....meaning owners and management. And of course some pilots too...especially the ones who dont stand up for themselves and actually CAUSE the problems we have in 135 to continue because they are sell-outs.....I'll have no part of 135 ever again.

Travel around the world with dirty laundry.....yea, that'll be the day.....lol

Last edited:
Alot of FBOs have washing machines and dryers that they will let you use, i do it all the time and you dont need a pocket full of quarters.

Latest resources

Back