Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much multi time is it going to take?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to spam your resumes

Well, my dad always said that if the kids on your block don't want to play with you that you should play with the kids on the next block. In other words, load up your resume shotgun and pull the trigger. Find a school at which you can instruct.

Just the same, I don't understand this insurance requirement. They want you to receive 250 hours of multi dual before they'll cover you? :confused:

Jeez louise, as I understood it from last summer, 100 hours of multi TIME would have put you into a commuter's right seat. Riddle put folks in the right seats of their Seminoles with the bare mins necessary to get a multi and MEI. There were students at Riddle who had more multi time than their instructors!

Good luck with building time and hang in there with the opportunity search.

Well, I don't have the MEI yet, so it's a moot point right now! I structured one sentence in my post in an unclear way (I went back and fixed it). Basically, the insurance company wants 250 hours of PIC multi time before they'll allow the MEI to instruct. It didn't use to be like that - the policy changed quite literally just a few weeks ago.

I'll probably take your advice and work somewhere else, but that would involve a move to another town first, and I need to get out of school before I can consider a change of residence! In the mean time I'll just spend the cash and have fun flying on my own dime.:)

250 Multi to be insured...

This is the third time the last three weeks I've heard of insurance companies mandating that MEIs have 250 hours in type before acting as PIC. Before 9/11 I'd bet that few practicing MEIs had that much. One way around the 250 hours is to get yourself named on the policy, if the fbo/aircraft owner will allow that.

Does your school have a poor safety record? The other places that this happened too did.

Wiggums - I'm pretty new to the school, so I dunno the whole history, but I do know they lost a single a couple of months back after a private pilot got disoriented and crashed at night. As far as I know, they haven't had any twin related accidents, though. Could be the problem - I haven't thought of that. It's too bad they're the only school around that gives multi instruction. They are the largest school in the area, and have a pretty good reputation.

I'm still a long ways away from even being part 135 capable, so really I have all sorts of stuff to work on!

I'll get there eventually!:D

Latest resources

Back