How much is enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eriknorth

I am working on my Private right now. For all of you with some flight time under your belt, I need some help. This summer, since school is out, I am doing as much training as my two jobs will allow. When college starts back in August, I plan on flying as much as I can. Do you have any advice, looking back, on how much I should fly? I will only be working part time, since I must focus on getting my degree as well, so I won't have all the money I would realistically like to have for flying (who does, huh?). So what amount of hours should I set a goal for myself to try to reach over the course of the school year or whatever? I plan on flying for a living. Thanks!

Fly as much as you can. If that's 5 times a week or 2 times a week, just fly every week as much as you can. You will learn quicker and retain more by flying more frequently.

Just remember, if you schedule 5 times a week, you will probably get 3 actual flights between weather and maint. unless you are in Arizona. I did my ppl training in Texas during the summer and only got about 1/2 of my scheduled flights in. I scheduled 3 times a week and there were a few weeks I didn't fly at all.

Bottom line, fly as much as your wallet and time allows. When your not flying, have your head in the books and get ready for the written.

Latest resources

Back