• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you pay to carry jepps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW! Listen to you guys rationalize having to pay for the iPad. Some of you can be talked into anything...

So how did they talk you into buying a chart case? Do you use your own headset? Just wondering... or did you somehow talk your employer to buy these for you. You rationalize away how there is a difference. Please don't say "Traditionally pilots have been required to provide their own flight cases for many decades". Ipads are a relatively new tool.

Airside was as a result of those hahahaha, OJIs. Don't you have some oil to clean up?

Ummm not exactly. Remember after the Colgan accident and we all saw lots of FAA jumpseat audits? Part of those jumpseat rides was pub checks. It was found that Skywest pilots were almost an order of magnitude more out of date on their Jepp updates than the rest of the industry. Ya see, ASA had 4 guys go work for the FAA after SLC closed. I am friends with 3 of them. They all confirmed this independently. Skywest was given the option to avoid a huge fine and media turmoil by "making sure our pilots are never out of date". Thats how you got Airside. If OJI's were the reason, we would all have them, since Skywest Inc self insures all of its employees.

Ummm not exactly. Remember after the Colgan accident and we all saw lots of FAA jumpseat audits? Part of those jumpseat rides was pub checks. It was found that Skywest pilots were almost an order of magnitude more out of date on their Jepp updates than the rest of the industry. Ya see, ASA had 4 guys go work for the FAA after SLC closed. I am friends with 3 of them. They all confirmed this independently. Skywest was given the option to avoid a huge fine and media turmoil by "making sure our pilots are never out of date". Thats how you got Airside. If OJI's were the reason, we would all have them, since Skywest Inc self insures all of its employees.

Sweet!

So basically, all we have to do is risk getting a violation/dequal/employer disciplinary action and launch an en masse campaign and have EVERY CRJ/ERJ stop doing revisions and we can get airside?

I'd run, not walk to the ipad store. Other than security, there is nothing I hate more than the flight kit! Give me another $1/hr. and I'll buy my own jepp subscription.

This has been discussed in depth, so where are they now....

PBR back on his pedestal looking down at others...Hey look at me I'm up here yea thats me the guy with FOUR stripes count them!!!
You put me up there, can't see the little people without looking down. Too much sand in your mangina?

Latest resources

Back