How many message board members does ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget....

...93 ALG's (Armchair Lightbulb Generals) debating whether or not the lightbulb failure warrants declaring an Emergency.

...28 pessimists who worry that the replacement bulb won't work either.

....15 malcontents who are convinced that even if it does work and they are paid $180K a-year to occasionally do it, management is still trying to screw them.

...3 who know that it has nothing to do with the bulb at all...that i'ts a wiring problem.

Chunk- that was good.....

Ali, thanks for bringing this thread back up- i needed a laugh this am.

Back in the day....

"Lightbulbs?....hah.....back in the day we went on nothin but candles. Candles I tell ya. You young'uns with your lightbulbs. You want to read about a REAL way to create light, read "Fate is the Candleholder", and you'll learn a thing or two about makin' light. Pshaw...

A few questions

Does anyone have any acronyms for remembering to put the landing gear down before dismounting the ladder? I've heard, "There are those who have and those who will!"

If you're screwing in a light bulb and the rotation tightens up into a spin, what's the recovery procedure?

Can I (a commercial LBC) supply the new bulb and the LBC services for compensation/hire?

If I'm acting as safety changer for an LBC who changes the light bulb with eyes closed (simulated darkness), can I log CIC or do I actually have to manipulate the bulb? Who's held accountable if something goes wrong?

How do you tell a LBC to get psychiatric help? I've been doing a BBCR with this lady who cries everytime she thinks about shutting the light switch off for fear it won't come back on again! I witnessed one of her bulb changes at her home, and it would seem that her overbearing husband explains the apprehension, but I don't know if she will ever be able to change a bulb without undue risk. Never mind. I'll just sign her off.

What do I do if my captain appears to be going below minimums? For example: The room only has one bulb (and it's burned out), no windows, no portable dark suckers, and I mean I can't see any part of the socket! But cappy isn't going missed. Do I call the missed, push the ladder over, and wrestle the bulb away? Or am I better off assuming the cappy has done this enough to bring her in safely and let him proceed?

What's everyone's scariest bulb chaning experience?

LBC Interview Questions

It Interview time!!!

Tell me about a time that you had a disaggreement on the ladder?
How did you resolve it?

What was the last bulb you've changed recently?
Explain to me the filament system in it? It's wattage? Voltage?

It's Christmas Eve, and the bulb is dark. The captain says it was working when he got to the ladder! What do you do?

Eventually it's off to the sim. This is where the fun starts :D

Bill

then there is the jerky kid who throws a rock at the lightbulb and puts us all in the dark for a week or so. everyone is scared of the lightbulbs and it brings the big "bulb factories" to thier knees.
of course these are the fancy light bulb factories who think thiers are brighter than anyone elses. All of the "dim bulb factories" are still cranking them out like crazy.

A year later everyone is wondering wether or not they should change lightbulbs on the year mark of the kid throwing the rock!!

by the way, the kid that threw the rock got a big spankin' and sent to his room crying.

What about....?

What about the person who is "screwing" in light bulbs into his favorite reading light while on the road? And then worried sick that his lamp at home might find out about it? Not to mention the kind of rumor that is all ready running wild around the incandescent filament factory. You know.....planning time under the "lime light" together at layovers and such.

I'm telling you.....this is the reason people buy halogen lamps!

And of course the one dispatcher, responsible to generate the light bulb changing plans, calculating the minimum wattage required, and giving time and initials to add the new light bulb to the MBL (minimum bulb list).

:)

Latest resources

Back