• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many message board members does ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe I just read thru this whole thread. It's going to screw up my ability to change light bulbs at home without second guessing myself for years!!!!!! I should probably get in contact with the light bulb changers that use checklists to prevent that potential problem. Hey, at least I've detected, estimated, chosen and identified a potential issue. Now I'll just have to Do that action and then evaluate the results.

3 man crew

How many pilots does it take to screw in a light bulb on a 727?

Three. One to do it, one to read the checklist and the other to monitor installation and system operations.

Wow! You have ALL missed the most important point!

We need someone to negotiate LBC pay rates and work rules!

Obviously someone changing a 70-watt screw-in bulb must be paid less than the almighty FLOURESCENT LBC's!

And by the way, am I paid from the time that I step on the ladder or from the time I start unscrewing the bulb?

Somewhere in there I need to be fed, and I can only change 3 light bulbs a day!

I only bid to change bulbs in Terminal One! If you want someone to change bulbs in Terminal Two you better call the next LBC on reserve!

And on and on....:)

Three posters are required to decided if two changers who each change one blub in a two blub fixture are entilted to each log multi-blub changing time. Does one have to log as co-changer, or is there a way for both to log changer-in-command?

Another poster to point out that even thought the King Air has a two blub fixture, only one changer can actually log the blub change.

Another poster to argue that King Airs equipped with 200 watt blubs require two changers.

Another poster to say that his FSDO allows two changers to log King Air blub changes, as long as the King Air does not have an operational automatic light sensor.

Another poster to point out that even if some FSDO says it may be legal for one to long co-changer time on some King Air somewhere, to do so would doom one's chance to ever change blubs in the big leagues.

Yet another poster to jump in and acuse the first posters of paying for blubs (PFB), and to say that they will be branded as scablubs forever.

Jim

Last edited:
...agreed, this has got to be one of the funniest threads ive read in a long time. humor based on life is always better, and the way this reads is hilarious :p

Last edited:
Kit Darby

Don't forget, Kit Darby is saying, again, that there will be a shortage of lightbulb changers during the next ten years. Kit's "magazine," Career Bulb Changer, has plenty of ads for light bulb changers schools. Of course, you can always train at an FBO, Fixed Bulb Operator, for less money.

Undoubtedly, Kit's assertions of a lightbulb changer shortage will prompt many would-be career-changers to change careers to lightbulb-changing.

:D

Last edited:
"fixed bulb operator"...lol ...now that's funny.

Latest resources

Back