• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many message board members does ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And this is where the thread changes to how "unions are screwing with you", or "RJDC", "how to get multi-time", "who's hiring", or "I need info about an Apache".

It will be a good socialogical experiment.

Lets see where it goes.

Well, perhaps we need a qualified team of LBCs to discuss the ramifications of screwing pilots out of mainline jobs Errr. two small lightbulbs in instead of one large one....

THIS IS NOT FLAME BAIT!!! ONLY FEEBLE ATTEMPT AT HUMOR!!!!

Ali

Some of ya'll are pretty darn funny. Keep it up.

This could be the funniest string in a long time.

Thanks for the laughs.

Great thread!

This thread reminds me of the joke I tell on occasion:

How many pilots does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Two. One to screw in the bulb and the other to read the before, during and after screw in checklists.

Kilomike

Dear God I can't believe I've actually read through this entire post. :eek: From the looks of it, you have too.

How many Freudians does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change the bulb, one to hold his penis...er ah..I mean ladder!

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but y'all have the whole "light bulb" thing all wrong...

The Dark Sucker Theory

For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers. The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker. The dark which has been absorbed is then transmitted by pylons along to power plants where the machinery uses fossil fuel to destroy it.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

This is easily proven for lightbulbs too. When you compress a gas, it gets hot, right? So the light bulb gets hot because of all the dark being squished into the wires.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.

Dark Suckers are only able to suck dark in a straight line. Dark, because of its mass, will not penetrate solid, opaque objects as it is being sucked by a Dark Sucker. When a Dark Sucker is operating, you will notice that dark that is behind a solid, opaque object does not flow through the object or around it to the Dark Sucker. Some of the dark will accumulate on the side of the object away from the Dark Sucker as the Dark Sucker attempts to pull it through the object. These residual patches of dark are often referred to as `shadows.'

Some surfaces are able to function as secondary Dark Suckers by sucking the dark from behind solid objects at an angle and then rerouting it to the primary Dark Sucker. These surfaces have a property we refer to as `reflective.'

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

So next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is not a light emitter but a Dark Sucker.

And I thought I had too much time...Oh, by the way, that kind of intake of drug usage is really gonna hurt you in the long run.:D

If the thread lives for a while, a new type of poster will appear.
Then more posters will be needed.
One to propose an alternate theory. This is the Alternate Theorist, AT.
Three to question the alternate theorist's parentage, therapeutic drug levels, and general intelligence as they have family or friends with LBC qualifications and fear change.
Two to ponder if the theory might be the truth.
Four or five to answer the "willfly4food" and "build MEL time" questions.
And one to question Avbug's credentials even though he was not the AT.

Latest resources

Back