How is your airline doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turbo-
I thought all was looking positive for Miami Air.? (one hullava paint scheme)- see your 27's in IND quite abit and I hear nothing but good things about you guys...

Anyone know about Sky West if they are back up and hiring.?

C H E E R S
3 5 0

(135 & not 121 competitive or "qualified")-lol M

One of those sink holes that you see in South Florida opened up right at the Miami --------- Intenational part. We had 2 737 lease deals fall through due to ego's of the parties. Also we had one of our main backers to our cargo operation pull out on us, things change in a hurry and we couldn't keep up. We'll be back, we just need 6 months to get on our feet again.

CoEx has almost 500 on the street still, that group is a mix of mainline and Expressers on the street. I think there is something close to 300 or so other CAL flowbacks at XJT as well.

Busy at MCO

For what it is worth, when I fly out of Orlando as a passenger (usually via NWA, USA, DAL, or SWA) the flights I am on seem to be 90%+ full. Also seems like when I'm on the connecting flight going to wherever, they're pretty full too.
Speculate this is due to reducing number of flights thus the bean counters are able to maximize yields. There are probably stats indicating load factors and overall passenger numbers before and after September. But sitting in the back, it sure doesn't "feel" like things have slowed down.

Re: Busy at MCO

SDF2BUF2MCO said:
For what it is worth, when I fly out of Orlando as a passenger (usually via NWA, USA, DAL, or SWA) the flights I am on seem to be 90%+ full. Also seems like when I'm on the connecting flight going to wherever, they're pretty full too.
Speculate this is due to reducing number of flights thus the bean counters are able to maximize yields. There are probably stats indicating load factors and overall passenger numbers before and after September. But sitting in the back, it sure doesn't "feel" like things have slowed down.

Yeah a lot of flights are full now. Load factor is way up. The only problem is they are practically giving seats away, aparently. Full flight still might not make any money.

ACA is doing ok for now. We're hiring 350-400 this year supposedly. Dojet operation is in limbo with Fairchild/Dornier's financial problems. We have all our DAL Dorks, but only have a few FRJs on the UAL side. Hence, it looks like the J-41s will be around a little bit longer than expected. CRJs will be coming again after the delay caused by their strike.

Patriot

I just got back from HNL and went through OKC on the way home. While I was waiting for AA I saw the Dornier with Patriot Airlines, interesting opeation. How do you fair fuel and range wise with a full load going to ABQ out of OKC. The passengers sure seemed to be happy about going non-stop. ....

Latest resources

Back