How is it to work for PSA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandstorm

Hey guys....once again same type of question. Gone back a couple month to find some info on PSA, but just wondering if anyone has any new and updated information.

How are things coming along with the contract negotiations?

What is the current pay scale? Per diem?

What are schedules like? (ie min days off per month, length of trips, sitting reserve)

How many cities does PSA currently serve? Is there a route map online?

What are the jr domiciles?

How are the flight benefits?

What is the guestimated projected time to upgrade?

Are most of the pilots in general happy working there?

Thanks again guys. Any Info will be greatly appreciated!

I have a question about training. They say that training in Dayton will be about 4 weeks. PSA pays for a hotel room at the Dayton Airport Hotel during this time period. Do you get your own room, or do you have to share with a classmate? Thanks.

Question for Smoking Man:

I assume the DO328 has Pratt motors on it and I've only flown Garrett Turbo Props, so I have a couple of Questions. I'm studying my limitations and have come across some new terms that relate to % of RPM. The terms are as follows:

NH
NL
NP

I'de appreciate it if you could give a quick explanation.

Also on a bunch of the Memory Items, I have run across the abbreviation (RWP)? Does this stand for Red Warning Panel??

They sent us the Memory Items and Limitations with no explanations or systems references. Thanks for your help.

Im also going to chime in here if Smoking Dude dosen't mind.

When you get to class and they start having you learning your flows and callouts, It is very beneficial for you to go to the training center at night and do some of these things in the airplane while it's in the hanger. Ask some of the instructors to talk to MX to set it up. You can learn alot from the CPT (Cockpit Procedures Trainer) but doing it hands on it a cold airplane helped me out alot when I got to the sim.

Just my 2 cents.

Im not sure if they changed the flap speeds on the sheets they sent you. If they are still 200, 180, 160 then they are wrong. Let me know if they are and I'll give you the new ones.

Yeah, that's what they have listed for flap speeds, 200 - 12 degrees, 180 - 20 degrees and 160 - 32 degrees. Thanks for your input.

new and improved flap speeds:

flaps 12 - 174 KIAS
flaps 20 - 157 KIAS

flaps 32 is for emergency use only and is still 160. These speeds were derived because a rash of flap overspeed incidents. We were then lectured and told not to "wear out the flaps" or "use them as speed brakes". Dornier's original limitations still apply for emergency situations.

A couple more questions for you guys at PSA. Which cities are junior right now. How tough is it to find a crash pad at the junior cities. Do you think a car in necessary, or are the crash pads close to the airport or easy to get to. Will PSA pay for your parking card at your home city if you commute. How long to get off reserve right now. How long after you start class does it take for your benefits to kick in (medical, pass privileges etc). Is IOE backed up, or should I expect it quickly after training. Thanks for all your info.

Latest resources

Back