• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is a OneSky Pilot like a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The day is coming when he will no longer have qualified people to run his operations. Sure he'll always be able to find people but we are talking qualified people.

The attrition is happening at at dizzying rate. I am truly worried the inevitable is around the corner. Like I've always said before the only thing I have control over is to make sure it's not me.

Two pieces of info that came to me recently.

1: 10 pilots quitting per month fleet wide.
And a lot of the new pilot applicants are very unqualified.
2: Most days 15-20 green planes are uncrewed.

Nobody gives a crap anymore. I have no idea what the company is paying these red lable guys all the extra money for because their airplanes look like crap. Stained stairs, worn carpet, sloppy appearance and they just stand around in the FBO not lifting a finger to help another crew. The red lable captain on 575 literally tossed his trashbag on the ramp then threw his chocks on it then taxiied away, but he gets paid over 40k more than a regular line captain who has the class to take his trash to a trash can or hand it to a line guy and tip him to handle it. Just pure crap

Soon a OneSky pilot will be synonymous with inexperience as many are using the results of this arbritration as a signal it really is time to go. Many have stepped up their efforts significantly in the past week.

Who will replace them when we already can't get qualified pilots? Already we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with no ATPs, no jet time, no checklist experience. Who will come now?

I have heard from dyed in the wool red labelers who see the forecast for this company and our ability to hire for needs is severely damaged.

A question for guys like NJAOWNER. Would you hire a 16 year old to drive your family up the Peak Highway during a blizzard? Why are you willing to let Kenn Ricci turn the fractional industry into the playground of that pilot equivalent? SMH.

These newhires know they won't upgrade for 10+ years. So why are they here? He was bragging that he was here for the type rating. It wont be a CL-65 but a CL-64, so he won't get the bonus when he goes to the regionals. The regionals will help him get his ATP when he gets close to 1500 hours.

Latest resources

Back