• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is a OneSky Pilot like a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now my friends in dispatch are getting sick of the whining from the RL pilots. The regular pilots whine because they are being overworked. The RL pilots whine because they don't do easy trips. One leg to Europe, overnight, then return. Now, to keep the program afloat, they have to do short domestic trips. And now, on their "days off", the pilots are required to be available for two days of standby.

So now my friends in dispatch are getting sick of the whining from the RL pilots. The regular pilots whine because they are being overworked. The RL pilots whine because they don't do easy trips. One leg to Europe, overnight, then return. Now, to keep the program afloat, they have to do short domestic trips. And now, on their "days off", the pilots are required to be available for two days of standby.

On this I will agree: your days off are your days off. If they are being compensated either in $$ or flex-time then it is not a day off. So let's be precise about the language. That's the main problem with the Red Label program: the ambiguity of it all.

My biggest fear is the arbritrator's inability to parse the "sales" speak from reality. The company is banking on it and I hope he's smart enough to see the spin machine for what it is...

Not necessarily a whine but along the same lines I heard one of our RL windbags is defending his additional 100k a year on the basis he cuts fresh lemons and limes for his owners. Literally this was the sum total of the differences between his job and mine.

Sorry, I do believe we've always has the opportunity through catering to supply our owners with anything they desire. I can guarantee you even a Saudi Prince with an addiction to citrus would balk at the idea of his pilot cutting limes for 100k a year versus a $15 bill added to the catering.

They got exactly what they signed up for. why are the little BTCHES whining. they don't deserve a hard day off thats what PTO is for. they thought they were getting over on the rest of us well guess what you got your pay raise you got your shiny new jet and you got your god a$$$ ugly uniform so shut the FK up and get back under the desk and start sucking KRS D you scum mutants

Amen They got what they asked for. They are counting the stby days as off. They DH to Europe(6+ hours) then do a live leg to the middle east. They do not count the DH in the back of the plane as duty! Total BS! And cutting lemons? What's the cabin attendant for?

Latest resources

Back