• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Hong Kong Pay/Benefits

90 North

Total Time
Looking for any info on Pay/Benefit structure for G450 Capt. in HK. Typical salary if flying for private owner? Housing allowance? I have a family with kids. Tuition assistance? Anything else that you think I need to negotiate on the front end..Any info would be appreciated. Thx

atpcliff

Total Time
Housing is EXPENSIVE. So is private school. I would also try to get a car and driver included in your compensation package.

Adios

As for transportation, ALMOST everyone speaks English, so its not a problem to get a taxi or use subways. As for the salary, you should ask whether its before or after taxes. I live in mainland China, but I hear that the housing is expensive, so keep that in mind, so I am sure schools are expensive like here in the mainland. Anyway, HK is very cool and expat friendly, and kinda of a nice place to hang your hat for a few yrs.

Cheers

Last edited:

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
I know a guy who would know, but does he still post here?