Honeywell GDC vs. Jetplan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatfuelpolicy

Anyone out there using Jetplan from Jepp?

I am currently using Honeywell GDC, but due to quality issues we are looking to make a change.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Not using Jetplan. We too are having issues with GDC. We are in the process of switching to ARinc or air routing.

I have used both and Jepp is better. GDC is a PITA with ETP stuff. It's easier to get a flight plan ran with MEL/CDL restrictions in Jetplan too.

GDC's interface is a little easier to use and they do have a couple of other nice things. Currently use GDC where I am at and we are "looking" too...

We are also looking at making the switch to a Jepp product from our current flight planning software.

What are your current operations? Part 91, 91k, 121, 125 or 135? How many aircraft? Domestic or International operations?

If you aren't doing Part 121 Ops, Universal Weather flight planning will be much less expensive than JetPlan. If it is Part 121, I would also look at navtech.aero.

Navtech has some issues right now...

My ops are 121 domestic/flag/supp

We are 91/135 aircraft management. We don't outsource any of our international trip planning as we do it all in house. UV has screwed up more trips than I can count. How hard is to just email the handler at the destination airport? Not that hard.

We are currently using ARINC and GDC. I like ARINC's web flight planning much better than GDC's. The only thing GDC has over ARINC is the eurocontrol validation is much easier. We are going to stick with GDC because the pricing when it is used A-la-carte is much better than paying for a monthly subscription. It is only costing me $30 per international leg to use GDC flight plans whereas if I had them do everything, it would be a few thousand.

Latest resources

Back