Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holding out for a better dispatching job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turnbub

Just have a question for you guys here. I recently got my dispatching license in May. I am still employed however I want to dispatch. I have received offers from great lakes, express jet, gojet and sky king. I have declined everyone because the pay scale is so low compared to my current job. I still have bids out at major airlines but the question for current guys, do I really need that regional experience first?

No chance at a major carrier in dispatch with no experience. The only way in without experience is to get hired in another position, put some time in there, then try to transfer into dispatch.

You will not be able to go straight in with zero experience.

Agree with all three of the above. 3 years for a major to even look at your resume .

Your attitude is a lot like his... Brag about all the offers, but turn down all the jobs... If you are serious, take the job and get the experience. Otherwise, GTFO!

Your attitude is a lot like his... Brag about all the offers, but turn down all the jobs... If you are serious, take the job and get the experience. Otherwise, GTFO!

Not quite the way I'd put it, but Homers right...if you want to dispatch take a dispatch job and get the experience, and take your lumps like the rest of us have. Just because you have a dispatch ticket it doesn't mean you know how to dispatch...that's just a ticket to start learning.

I agree with SKC you have to get your feet wet in the regionals before even thinking about the majors

Same in the dispatch world as it is in the pilot world.....No way you will walk into a sweet gig with a major right off the street...Plus, if you want to work for a major, get into line.....There is not a shortage of dispatchers at the regional level waiting for positions at the majors.

There is a heck of line however waiting to get a regional job... schools are pumping them out with rose colored glasses as they always have... I would bet this poster was promised a six figure career on no time....

Latest resources

Back