High blood pressure and medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
newmei--->BJJ Fighter is "on the money" for advice in keeping

Yeah. listen to BJJ. He thinks he's flown the Stealth bomber, SR-71, and the Concorde. He's a guy you really wanna listen to. Some wanna be's have no connection to reality. Oh yeah, he's also a health and fitness expert. LOL. Why not.

He's probably in a loony bin somewhere.

Or maybe he went to the Naval Test pilot school. Don't know about the Concord thing though??

High blood pressure

It has been my experience that my blood pressure reads higher when the Doctor himself or a male nurse takes my readings. Maybe next time you go in, have a female nurse take your readings. It might save you a few points. Who did take your initial reading, Dr. or nurse? Good Luck.

cj610

Clown Pilot

Clown Pilot I would make you look like a clown if we ever meet. The profile is meant to be a joke, I havent flown anything that is interesting at all.

I do consider myself an expert in exercise and nutrition. I wrestled in college Division 1 three years and qualified for nationals 2 years in a row. What the f%ck have you done fat boy. My expertise comes from exercise scientists working on me and helping my performance and having all my meals cooked for me by a nutritionist not to mention reading quite a few books on both subjects. Im VERY proud of accomplishments, I worked very hard for them. Wrestling is 10 times more tough physically and mentally than any kind of flying I have ever done. Im out.

Weight gain and BP

I agree with BJJ's points. I'm concerned about the weight gain, too. I even mentioned it to my wife, who wondered about gaining 40 lbs. in an apparent short time. All worth discussing with your personal M.D. and not the FAA's doc.

Im no longer under the supervision of a nutritionist. I was when i was wrestling in college, its been a liitle over 2 years since my college wrestling days, but I still train. I coach high school wrestling, as well as train in boxing, wrestling, brazilian jiu-jitsu(BJJ), as lift weights and run.

I dont know much about kidney stones but I knew a guy who had them and the the doc told him to lay off caffeine and most important was to lay off coffee.

The clown above gets his pride from flying all these "cool" aircraft. My pride and ego comes from total physical dominance of another human being. Dont get me wrong I enjoy flying, but I fly for a living because it gives me the time to do what i really enjoy in life, compete and train in combat sports. Thats my real love. Im off to the gym.

I have been throgh it also. As was said above, I started working out again and watching what I ate. The best thing I did was stopped smoking. The other thing that has helped me was that I found a great DME. Their office is very laid back and comfortable and I'm at 130/80. And, by the way, I'm 6'2" and 195. Good luck, it will all work out.

You really need to be concerned about your
life, that is a dangerously high B/P. Don't mess
with $hit like that, you sound too young to be having
B/P readings like that. I was paramedic for 7 years
and that's just NOT GOOD.

The one time in your career as a pilot when you should
be thinking, "Me,Me,Me-Me-Me" is your health concerns.
I still work indepentantly for attorney's on crash investigation's
and cringe at the thought your health was the result of
of someone else's demise because you neglected it...

Go to a Bone Braker if you have to, they have diet plan's
also, but so does Subway...

Get fit and fly that way, you owe it to yourself...And the one's
you instruct or charter too...

Jetsnake

Like every one else on here said - go see a doctor. Your numbers are way out of line.

I have "white coat hypertension" and you are no where near my numbers.

6' 01 " tall, 200lbs, +45yrs old

Normal BP = 118/75
with White coat MD = 142/82
with nurse, 10 minutes later = 120/78

Don't ask me why - I guess I'm just a ladies man!

Latest resources

Back