• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently CT said some interesting things in the lounge. It sounds like they are really trying to minimize displacements and furloughs, at least what they are claiming and that's good if true.
Someone asked about the airplanes going to GoJets. In the answer he said we are losing 8 and SkyWest is losing 4, which we all knew. *****Obviously the hit we are having on the CRJ side is due to that AND the 6 200s coming out of the DAL system. We are left scrambling trying to figure out how not to downgrade and furlough or how many to downgrade and furlough. Which it sounds like they will make a final decision on sometime in January.
Then the question was asked "Have we been able to find work for those 6 200s?" His answer was this; those 200s are going to be transferred to SkyWest to fly for the US Air contract they recently got, citing that its better than paying a lease on planes that aren't flying. I agree with him that it's better not to be paying the lease on those airplanes but I have to ask the questions: When was SkyWest bidding on that contract? Did they bid on it planning on using those 6 200s?
Maybe its the conspiracy theorist side of me but it makes me wonder how hard ASA tried to find homes for those planes or if the plan was to transfer them to SkyWest from the beginning. Maybe the knew, based on our performance this past summer, they had no chance of placing those planes anywhere.
Looking at the end result we have a net loss of 14 planes and an airline they think is overstaffed while they end up with a net gain of 2 planes and plans to hire for the "foreseeable future." Then adding insult to injury, if pilots at ASA (concerned about getting furloughed) decide to work for SkyWest they keep their longevity for vacation and benefits but not pay, back to first year pay. That is if they pass the interview. I'm glad that SkyWest is able to grow but it shouldn't be at ASA's expense. I hope I'm wrong or maybe jumped to a misguided conclusion but it looks like whipsaw is in full swing.

Last edited:
Wow. Where to start...? Ok how about this isn't about "us" before "you". It's about "you" riding our negotiating coattails and then being handed growth while "we" furlough. It's about securing a brighter future for all of us employed by SkyWest. Its really about the bigger picture; something you clearly don't see.

Also; before you go mouthing off about spiky hair and entitlement you should know your audience. Most of us are well into our 30s and early 40s. We have things like wives, and children, mortgages and car payments. And that sir, makes this one list drive all the more important.

Are you speaking of the coat tails that your airline can't afford to pay for because they can't pull a profit or the growth that we can afford because of the profits we make every quarter. If getting your company profitable requires furloughs, that really, really sucks. I'm sincere about that. But, if you re-read my initial post I stand by it. It would be stupid for SkyWest pilots to sign anything that puts Express Jet ahead of SkyWest pilots. Why would I do that? I've been here a long time because I want to be here. I have no interest in working for Express Jet.

So those 6 200's are going to Skywest and ASA might be furloughing?

That sounds familiar.

@ Skaff - I've made my point. I'm not about to rebut your inaccuracies. But please feel free to fight merging our two lists. I know I'll be doing the exact opposite on my side.

So those 6 200's are going to Skywest and ASA might be furloughing?

That sounds familiar.

We have a fragmentation policy. 5 captains and 5 fo's go with each plane if more than 5 planes are transferred. That will help with staffing unless there is some loop hole to keep it from happening.

We have a fragmentation policy. 5 captains and 5 fo's go with each plane if more than 5 planes are transferred. That will help with staffing unless there is some loop hole to keep it from happening.

Good point, I'm not sure how that would come into play here with the DAL contract on those planes ending or if that would even matter. Something to look into.

Not looking for sympathy at all, just stating a fact. Most guys here like me took the first offer, I had RP and XE interviews scheduled. The biggest complainers at SkyWest without a doubt are the guys who jumped ship from ASA, S5 and XE, we have loads of those guys here lamenting their move...I have little sympathy for them.

That's cool man.

I'll bet the biggest SKW complainers are the ones that got to see upgrades, growth, and new bases while their company was replacing other companies that did that flying on behalf of the mainline partner.

All this after they agreed to fly 700/900 equipment at 50 seat rates, as well as agreed to an 18 month pay freeze that actually ended up being about double that.

I am sure our union will just give them a waiver since it is only 6 planes and we don't want to be stuck paying for them while they are not being used. I hope I didn't just give them the excuse they will use when they sell us out.

Latest resources

Back