• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is all of this a result in AA declaring bankruptcy? I thought the others were doing okay?

It's the result of our senior mgmt not minding the store during the merger, letting our performance slip as a result of the middle-management incompetents in the GO, and DAL taking some flying and 14 planes as a result. They talked about cost, but the reality is DAL sent us a painful message to get our house in order and performance up.

Some recent new-hires at Expressjet have been told they can go to the ERJ now or the CRJ in April. This from someone who interviewed recently.

What base would that be for? I don't see it happening unless there is some serious growth on the CRJ side

If they go to the CRJ, they are required to sign an agreement to be furloughed every September for the duration of their employment.

Wow. Where to start...? Ok how about this isn't about "us" before "you". It's about "you" riding our negotiating coattails and then being handed growth while "we" furlough. It's about securing a brighter future for all of us employed by SkyWest. Its really about the bigger picture; something you clearly don't see.

Also; before you go mouthing off about spiky hair and entitlement you should know your audience. Most of us are well into our 30s and early 40s. We have things like wives, and children, mortgages and car payments. And that sir, makes this one list drive all the more important.

A lot of SkyWest guys are for one list.., it's the senior guys here who are against it, mainly because they don't understand how it would work and they're scared they might get displaced out of their super senior domiciles. Also they have the "I've got mine mentality"....

I imagine we'd see some furloughs as part of the F&H playbook but to get 5000+ pilots with one voice would be worth it...IMHO.

The ORD crews have lost a considerable amount here already since XJT got here, not that there's bad feeling against them, but it's a fact our lines in ORD have been cut in half.

What would it take to get one list? We basically have the same interchangeable jobs, can a combined XJT/ASA list file a single carrier petition to bring the SkyWest pilots into the fold?

We know it's embarrassing to be grabbing on to your coattails as well..a lot of us would like to be negotiating with you..

Last edited:
@ TDK90 - Great post. I'm in favor of a union that will represent all of us equally. Basically I want an in house union like IPA at UPS or APA at American.

Wow. Where to start...? Ok how about this isn't about "us" before "you". It's about "you" riding our negotiating coattails and then being handed growth while "we" furlough. It's about securing a brighter future for all of us employed by SkyWest. Its really about the bigger picture; something you clearly don't see.

Also; before you go mouthing off about spiky hair and entitlement you should know your audience. Most of us are well into our 30s and early 40s. We have things like wives, and children, mortgages and car payments. And that sir, makes this one list drive all the more important.

SkyWest Airlines growth is directly proportional to its' profitability. Why the heck would INC want to give the unprofitable airline more flying?

Why is ExpressJet complaining about growth, anyways? SkyWest has 315 planes, while ExpressJet now has 405.

@ TDK90 - Great post. I'm in favor of a union that will represent all of us equally. Basically I want an in house union like IPA at UPS or APA at American.

Thanks..How would that play out with your current ALPA representation? Would it require a decertification of ALPA? The main argument here against the independent union is that the cost would be prohibitive, but when you have all 5000 pilots paying dues it would be a different ballgame..

Latest resources

Back