• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't they just let the CRJ guys go to the erj? Then with sli give them their original seniority.

Last edited:
They did this back in 06 & 07. Literally 100s of asa f/os left that dump of an airline to go to skywest.

I think if you figured out a merger where you could get one list but with restrictions they might go for it. Let's say if you bid into a skywest base you get put on the bottom then moved up based on seniorty when new people transffered in.

My g/f is a skywest captain and like most came from another regional and they don't think it's fair that someone who can't pass the skywest interview can get as windfall into a base people worked hard to get into.

This is all very similar to the airtran vs. southwest thing. I mean look at the way asa got their contract. They negotiated for years without getting anything until skywest bought them then they pretty much exactly what skywest had.

Wrong pooper scooper. After five years ASA had slow down and got what they wanted. Then Skywest gave their pilots the same plus a lolly-pop to keep them happy. After the ev sli is done integration with Skywest will be next.

And it won't be in-house, mgmt doesn't make that decision.

They did this back in 06 & 07. Literally 100s of asa f/os left that dump of an airline to go to skywest.had.

SuperPooper comes out of her closet! I thought I told you to stay outa ASA's chit man! You don't have a clue. 100s my ass! A few went, not hundreds. Worry about your CAL crap, and who gives a fudge your GF works at SKW huh! Like that supposed to impress someone?????? Really!!!!

So ASA and XJT are talking furlough and they are no longer hiring?

So ASA and XJT are talking furlough and they are no longer hiring?

We are one group divided into CRJ and ERJ pilots. The CRJ flying is being reduced, while we need pilots for the ERJ. Since our seniority lists have not yet been integrated, the two MECs have firmed up a deal to let CRJ pilots fly the ERJ and keep their longevity for pay but be temporarily placed at the bottom of the ERJ list. Once the two lists are combined those CRJ pilots would be placed on the new master list based upon their original hire date.

We are one group divided into CRJ and ERJ pilots. The CRJ flying is being reduced, while we need pilots for the ERJ. Since our seniority lists have not yet been integrated, the two MECs have firmed up a deal to let CRJ pilots fly the ERJ and keep their longevity for pay but be temporarily placed at the bottom of the ERJ list. Once the two lists are combined those CRJ pilots would be placed on the new master list based upon their original hire date.

Keep longevity for pay? I'm not sure about that, I thought it was no more than 2nd year pay, assuming it goes that deep.

My g/f is a skywest captain and like most came from another regional and they don't think it's fair that someone who can't pass the skywest interview can get as windfall into a base people worked hard to get into.

Wow, what an excellent point those SkyWest pilots have.

I mean, good grief. Being trained on the CRJ (all variants) at ASA can in NO way what so ever compare to the superpilots that SkyWest hires.

Is all of this a result in AA declaring bankruptcy? I thought the others were doing okay?

It's a result of Delta giving GoJets 8 of ASA's crj700's and taking 6 crj200's out of the fleet. This will probably continue in the future as Delta wants to eliminate 200's and ASA is probably too expensive due to the very senior workforce to keep any 700's in the future as they come up for bid. This is what happens when a company has to bid for work, even the work they currently have.

Some recent new-hires at Expressjet have been told they can go to the ERJ now or the CRJ in April. This from someone who interviewed recently.

Latest resources

Back