• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They did this back in 06 & 07. Literally 100s of asa f/os left that dump of an airline to go to skywest.

What do you mean?

I think if you figured out a merger where you could get one list but with restrictions they might go for it. Let's say if you bid into a skywest base you get put on the bottom then moved up based on seniorty when new people transffered in.

My g/f is a skywest captain and like most came from another regional and they don't think it's fair that someone who can't pass the skywest interview can get as windfall into a base people worked hard to get into.

This is all very similar to the airtran vs. southwest thing. I mean look at the way asa got their contract. They negotiated for years without getting anything until skywest bought them then they pretty much exactly what skywest had.

Last edited:
Well Said superkooter. Skywest interview is much harder than xjet/asa.

I think xjet is screwed. Unless skyw starts being the butt instead of the head they will never care.

So you're saying we need one list for 3 companies. Ok, so let's try once more to get SKYW guys on board. Good luck getting their guys to sign on to something that puts XJET guys ahead of any SKYW pilots. Most of them don't want our union, nor do they want to give up 2% a month. You have to understand that SKYW will always remain the favored child. I'm not trying to hate on SKYW guys, I have a bunch of good friends there. But as long as they get theirs and the grass stays green, they don't care about our labor pains on the other side of the barn. The real issue is way above any pilot's pay grade.

We have more pressing issues to deal with at ASA/XJT like our swiss cheese contract and list integration.

In the meantime, it sucks long and hard for us, especially our junior guys. But if guys want to jump ship before being thrown overboard, go for it and take a letter of rec from SH. Better SKYW than HoJets.

Why would Skywest pilots ever want something that would put another airline before their own. SkyWest Airlines was profitable enough to put Inc in a position to buy ASA... SkyWest has continued to be profitable enough to take on a very unprofitable airline, Express Jet, and try to turn a profit with them. Why should we want something that would put you before us when our profits are paying your paychecks. Damn... some of you spikey haired kids have a problem with entitlement.

Enjoy your lifelong career with skywest. Stop your fellow pilots from whining that we get better hotels and better retirement than you. Just keep drinking that koolaid.

Why would Skywest pilots ever want something that would put another airline before their own. SkyWest Airlines was profitable enough to put Inc in a position to buy ASA... SkyWest has continued to be profitable enough to take on a very unprofitable airline, Express Jet, and try to turn a profit with them. Why should we want something that would put you before us when our profits are paying your paychecks. Damn... some of you spikey haired kids have a problem with entitlement.

Wow. Where to start...? Ok how about this isn't about "us" before "you". It's about "you" riding our negotiating coattails and then being handed growth while "we" furlough. It's about securing a brighter future for all of us employed by SkyWest. Its really about the bigger picture; something you clearly don't see.

Also; before you go mouthing off about spiky hair and entitlement you should know your audience. Most of us are well into our 30s and early 40s. We have things like wives, and children, mortgages and car payments. And that sir, makes this one list drive all the more important.

Is there common agreement that if one list is accomplished the airline itself will be superior to what Skywest will ever be on it's own?

Latest resources

Back