Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Master Shake

Number 1 in the hood!
WTF was up with the email today from SH??? I about threw up when I read that "he" will help junior CRJ guys get in interview at SkyWest, as they will be hiring 15 a month indefinitely. If this doesn't convince you that we all need to be on one list then I just don't know what will. Our parent company sickens me.

careful when SH posts messages on ourasa, or whatever it's called these days, recall the expensive acars paper, and hey TFATYD! It doesn't matter how we got here

So you're saying we need one list for 3 companies. Ok, so let's try once more to get SKYW guys on board. Good luck getting their guys to sign on to something that puts XJET guys ahead of any SKYW pilots. Most of them don't want our union, nor do they want to give up 2% a month. You have to understand that SKYW will always remain the favored child. I'm not trying to hate on SKYW guys, I have a bunch of good friends there. But as long as they get theirs and the grass stays green, they don't care about our labor pains on the other side of the barn. The real issue is way above any pilot's pay grade.

We have more pressing issues to deal with at ASA/XJT like our swiss cheese contract and list integration.

In the meantime, it sucks long and hard for us, especially our junior guys. But if guys want to jump ship before being thrown overboard, go for it and take a letter of rec from SH. Better SKYW than HoJets.

@ eaglepilot6 - to clarify, we are two companies owned by the same holding corporation. And yes, I think pushing for one unified group out trumps what the two MECs are currently doing. One list prevents whipsaw. They're setting the stage for that right now by having ExpressJet furlough while SkyWest hires.

With ALPA being decertified at USAir and maybe Delta I think it's a hard sell. The only thing that skyw might be interested in is a combined in-house union.

@ eaglepilot6 - to clarify, we are two companies owned by the same holding corporation. And yes, I think pushing for one unified group out trumps what the two MECs are currently doing. One list prevents whipsaw. They're setting the stage for that right now by having ExpressJet furlough while SkyWest hires.

I'm with you, I'm for one list. But like aerobat stated, I think it's going to be hard sell. Until SKYW gets the raw end, we're the whipping boy. ALPA has tried to get them on board before, to no avail obviously.

Latest resources

Back