Here We Go Again @ Alg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

I just saw on the co. web site that they are asking for anyone who wants can take a leave of absence in june. This means we are loosing flying and they are doing this to downplay the effect of the bid reduction (read downgrades) and furloughes that may follow. As we all know june should be a heavy month of flying for all, but not us.

bet your glad your not here

Last edited:
I was hoping that the charter work I was doing, flying the ALG mechanics out to fix planes, would open a big door for me. I guess I can save my knuckles and stop knocking....

How may planes will Potomac fly, and does US expect to put all furloughed mailine pilots into those jets? How big an impact will this have on the wholly owned carriers? Anyone have numbers?

I was talking to a buddy of mine in GS. He just got done with systems and is heading to the sim this week.

He said that he was worried that furloughs may begin. He didn't have any inside info or hard facts, just what he had heard arou nd the hangar. Looks like they may begin sooner than he thought?

Hi guy's,

I work for USAirways mainline in an operations position. From what I hear from Captains and FO's they voted for the extra jets last Friday, and they (US pilots) will fly them. As for the WO's who knows what is in store down the pike. I interviewed with ALG recently, and was turned down over someone with more time, I guess meaning more time to look for another job. Things always happen for a reason. So I'll just keep flying my 414 for my new upstart carrier.

Av8ter

ALG Should not Furlough

If RJ's are going to be flown by sold out mainline furloughs I'm sure that a portion of the many furloughs recently hired will leave to fly those jets, for more $$. This should prevent any ALG furloughs. Same old story at ALG. Still the old whipping post for mainline. You can bet the loss of ALG flying to come will be commensurate with the departue of some 20 or 30 new hires.

All progress there is usually only temporary. No jets, no flow through and no respect.

:rolleyes:

I totally agree !
The last place you want to work is a USAirways Wholley Owned
Express Carrier.
Beacuse when they get Potomac Air up and running.............well as they say the rest will be history!!!

Hey Fluff

Hows tricks at your new employer. I'm sure things r going well. Better that ALG anyway. I told you props were for boats.

Just read the post about ALG furloughs. That would be two furlough letters in 8 months for me and the other retreds. I am livin the aviation dream. Should have been a dentist:).

Hope things are going well. Keep in touch

DP

DOF #1 12/02/01
DOF #2 ?

I don't think there will be anyone furloughed at ALG. The company is asking if anyone wants to take a voluntary Leave for the month of June. The LOA will have a maximum duration of 31 days. I heard that we are giving one Dash back to PDT for the month of June and will get it back in July. We will be fat in June, i.e. no overtime, but I think it would cost the company more money to furlough some pilots for just a month than to just pay them all guarantee.

Latest resources

Back