• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFINY

Hi all,

What headset will be best to use in KA200,
as far as noise reduction, comfortable fit, clearer reception, etc.

Thanks very much.

Try the Telex 750. They work great in the Sabre and cut out most all wind noise. Also, no replacing batteries for noise cancelling.

Dc

Tried our noise cancelling telex's out of our Citations, there was just not enough cancellation without the big passive ear cups. The DC's you used since you flew that first C-150 still work best. Higher dollar noise cancelling is still nice, but don't count on the little comfy foam jobbies doing the job.

CC

I wear the Bose QC2 with the uflymike adapter in the LR45. $500 for the whole setup. Nothing more comfortable.

I've never worn them in a T-prop though.

In the 1900, I wore a set of LightSpeed Twenty 3G headsets that are fantastic at canceling the prop noise and were very comfortable even on long days. They run off a pair of AAs that last a good long time. When you turn them on, you literally can't hear the props anymore; you'll just feel them in your seat. It's amazing.

(I'm no longer using them, so if you're interested, mine are for sale for $250 including priority mail shipping. They're going for more than $300 on eBay. Drop a PM if interested.)

I used the lightspeed 30-3G while flying piston twins and turboprops. Same feedback as CA1900, excellent noise cancelling and the most comfortable I ever tried. I'm sure all the airplanes I was flying were louder than the KA 200 as well.

I must admit I liked the ability to plug my MP3 player into the headset. It has auto mute for the music when the radio or intercom cuts in. You can plug a phone into it as well, I used this with our satt phones a lot. Worked great!

I've used the noise cancelling David Clarks- they're built like tanks but the noice cancelling isn't top of the line.

I've also used the brand spankin' new Bose series and the design of the top of the headset makes it try to pinch the top/side of your head. After about 1 hour I really, REALLY want to take them off. Noise cancelling in them is great, but I've found them to be somewhat uncomfortable.

I've heard nothing but good about Light Speed, FWIW.

Bose QC2

I use them in the King Air B200 and they work just fine. Not as good as the Bose X but the do great as far as I am concerned.

I fly 2 King Airs w/ Bose, 1 King Air w/ Lightspeed and another King Air w/ noise-canceling David Clarks.

Hands down; Bose.

Latest resources

Back