• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

**HEADLINE SKYWEST to fly USAir RJs***

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing. And that's the problem. The pilots ride the coat-tails of other carrier's hard won contracts. Step up to the plate SkyWest.

S.

i feel the need to set the record straight....
i'm not sure how you read KFFA's post, but here's my take on it.

this whole USAir/Skywest deal is bad news for Skywest. most of the pilots here at Skywest feel the same way (for the information we have so far). USAir tried to get the same deal with their wholly owned carrer's.... they said 'no', now they are trying to get their furloughed pilots into what would be 'our' jet's. what makes them think we'll accept it over them? i get to work with so-called 'junior' pilots to me who will be holding captain on the jet and making more money than me for the same job. screw that s**t. in addition, they have recall rights at USAir. do you think they'll give two sh**t's flying for skywest. this whole deal is just a bailout for USAir mainline.... and skywest is holding the bucket.

- sorry Andy... couldn't let it go. -sr.

Smoove, you are correct! But I ask another question, what happens when US goes under or doesn't recall those guys. Do they get to stay right where they are, on top of your seniority list? Normally the phrase is F*%k Up, Move Up concerning management, but for the US mainline fiasco it is F*%k Up, Move Over! I sure hope you guys can stop this debacle. Talk about ALPA dirty pool. What really gripes me about this situation is that US mainline pilots ensured that their contract scoped out the WO's and limited the number of RJ's in the conctract carriers. So now it is OK to get more RJ's because they have people on the street? Why arn't they sticking to their original plan since it was designed to "protect the profession". When and if all of those guys are back from furlough, does US have to ground the additional RJ's because that is what is convenient at the time?

Here is the way I see it:

Delta has already unloaded it's share of Skywest for $120 million.

Only connected in the route structure now.

Comair and ASA are buying all of these RJs.

Blk time agreement is exceeded already by Comair.

Comair is probably going to open up Dallas as a base.

Comair is hiring all of these new pilots.

Tells me that Comair is considering using Delta's muscle and Dallas, Salt Lake City hubs to go after Skywest's business.

Pigheel,

Your conclusion makes sense. Why should Delta share any of its profits with Skywest when it could have them all?

Kind of like Microsoft crushing Netscape.

Here is the truth plain and simple. The greedy Usair pilots will allow ANYONE to purchase the jets and fly under their colors as long as they get first dibs. Every regional is allowed to bid on the new RJ's.

On a different note. I don't work for skywest but ASA and Comair should be thankful that they up their contract every time you guys hammer out a new one. That helps to prevent them from underbidding on routes assigned by Delta. Just look at how messed up the Usair system is with everyone trying for an industry BOTTOM contract in order to get new routes and grow.

PIGHEEL said:
Here is the way I see it:

Delta has already unloaded it's share of Skywest for $120 million.

Only connected in the route structure now.

Comair and ASA are buying all of these RJs.

Blk time agreement is exceeded already by Comair.

Comair is probably going to open up Dallas as a base.

Comair is hiring all of these new pilots.

Tells me that Comair is considering using Delta's muscle and Dallas, Salt Lake City hubs to go after Skywest's business.

Huh?

Pigheel,

No offense, but from the content of your post, it would seem that you are not very familiar with the relationship between Delta and it subsidiary (DCI) carriers. Skywest doesn't have any business, so to speak. They are a code-share partner of Delta (DCI) and United (UAX).

surfnole said:
Pigheel,

Your conclusion makes sense. Why should Delta share any of its profits with Skywest when it could have them all?

Kind of like Microsoft crushing Netscape.

Delta does not SHARE any profit with Skywest, they pay them a fee per departure. Revenue without the risk.

This all sounds like a big sh%t sandwich to me! Good thing you guys know more about this than I do; I'll just sit back and learn.

Latest resources

Back