Hawker 850xp info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FO4life

I got typed in the 700. flew 30 hrs then they sold the a/c. Company just purchased a new 850 xp. All I have is a 800xp manual on cd. will this be enough to get me through differences or am I screwed. I am kinda pissed that I am going from a 700 panel to a pro line 21 with only differences to pass a check ride. any help would be great. I am going to ilg in mid NOV.
and no FSI will not send me any manuals, I called!!

Yes, you should be fine with the 800XP manual. There are very few differences between the 800XP and 850XP. Have fun, it's a great airplane/avionics package.

With a manual you should be able to get caught up systems wise. But in terms of avionics...if you don't go to some sort of differences...then you will be way behind the curve. I've been flying an 800XP and getting a 900XP and recently did the differences between the Honeywell and the Collins. It was like drinking from a firehose...good thing I spent time in the sim prior to recurrent. While it is a great system...it'll take a few trips to get comfortable with how to do things (especially the things not done every trip that may get in trouble with ATC).

Just did a self tought proline 21 transition by sitting in the hangar with the plane plugged in and manual in hand. Currently fly old collins/UNS1 and Honeywell hawkers.
Not sure if ILG has an avionics trainer but fsi ICT does have computers set up for such a thing as does Simuflite DFW. Was your 700 efis? I'm sure the combination of going to an EFIS panel along with learning the logic of the collins FMS is a bit much and any extra self study while in training will be immensely helpful.
I'm suprised FSI won't send or sell you the Proline Manual in advance. It would be most helpful to review before you get in the sim.

Just did a self tought proline 21 transition by sitting in the hangar with the plane plugged in and manual in hand. Currently fly old collins/UNS1 and Honeywell hawkers.
Not sure if ILG has an avionics trainer but fsi ICT does have computers set up for such a thing as does Simuflite DFW. Was your 700 efis? I'm sure the combination of going to an EFIS panel along with learning the logic of the collins FMS is a bit much and any extra self study while in training will be immensely helpful.
I'm suprised FSI won't send or sell you the Proline Manual in advance. It would be most helpful to review before you get in the sim

Thanks guys I will hit the 800xp manual hard then so i can do the 21 hard in school.
thanks again.

Thanks guys I will hit the 800xp manual hard then so i can do the 21 hard in school.
thanks again.

Good luck with the training. You are a lucky guy in the long run because I hear from friends at Netjets who fly the 800XP-C that the Pro Line 21 makes your job a lot easier after you understand it. It is cutting edge and it should be a big change from your analog days. Be positive and look at it from a long-term perspective. Glass is much easier than analog once you understand it - you will never want to go back to analog.

Have fun and enjoy that nice airplane.

manuals

regarding the manuals i think they said the proline manual was several hundred dollars and they don't give them out. I think I was able to get a CD of it. And it is probably several hundred pages thick.

I wouldn't worry about it for a checkride as long as you can put the pointer in the V-bar you will be fine.

You'll be fine, I currently fly 700's, an 800XP and 1000. The hardest thing is finding the damn taxi light switches.

Just concentrate on the avionics, otherwise a hawker's a hawker.

Latest resources

Back