has this happened to you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yahooair

I was going up the walking onto the plane(JET) from the jetbridge, and someone behind me pointed out and said: your port side nose gear looks a little low.
he said it with a loud voice and alot of pax heard him...i turned around and he had a look on his face like he actually knew what he was talking about...then he went on and made a comment about how he just got his private licence at a major flight school and he was going to make sure the plane was safe for all the passengers.
Then after we landed, he came to the cockpit and asked to see the captain.
He had this smirk on his face and said: I wont tell anyone but be careful, if you dont do a run up and mag check before you go, it can be dangerous.
i couldnt help it but i started to crack up.
he was so upset he just stormed out.
what was i supposed to do??

That's pretty funny.

Beechjet tire normally look a little under-inflated. I've lost track of how many times I've had pax query me about the tire pressure. I always tell them it helps us make smoother landings.

We hit some moderate turbulence one night and it rocked us pretty good. After the flight, the expert from row 12 came to the cockpit and told us it was wake turbulence that we encountered. He knew this because he saw the 727 go directly underneath us!

One day we got to our destination, shot the ILS twice and weren't able to get in... diverted. Standing at the ticket counter at our alternate, passenger comes up to me fuming pissed off... "Next time, I'm flying an airline that has pilots who know how to fly in bad weather instead of you idiots"

I responded with "Sir, I was just flying the plane 200 feet above the ground at over 150mph based off of a screen that looks like a 1980s video game... would you like me to get closer next time?"

Sure shut him up good and quick. Look on his face was priceless.

We pulled into a gate about 20 early, and of course could not get a gate agent to pull the damn jetway up to the plane. Called ops several times, that did no good. 12 minutes after we pulled in to the gate, friggin jetway driver decides to pull away from her magazine. Anyhoo, as one of the angry (as I would be too) pax walks up to the cockpit, and says "If I did my job as slow as you guys, I'd be fired". (Because we all know the pilots run the whole ground operation, doofus.)
I said "Oh, I didn't know they care how fast you clean the toilets". OK, I didn't say it out loud, but I sure was laughing at myself.

Last edited:
I was going up the walking onto the plane(JET) from the jetbridge, and someone behind me pointed out and said: your port side nose gear looks a little low.
he said it with a loud voice and alot of pax heard him...i turned around and he had a look on his face like he actually knew what he was talking about...then he went on and made a comment about how he just got his private licence at a major flight school and he was going to make sure the plane was safe for all the passengers.
Then after we landed, he came to the cockpit and asked to see the captain.
He had this smirk on his face and said: I wont tell anyone but be careful, if you dont do a run up and mag check before you go, it can be dangerous.
i couldnt help it but i started to crack up.
he was so upset he just stormed out.
what was i supposed to do??

Ummm... Maybe provide some customer service? It would have taken 30 seconds to explain the difference between a jet and a 172.

Do you ever wonder why the American people hate flying? It is because of attitudes like that. Be a professional, not a skygod.

well when a student pilot has the attitude like he is a skygod, im sorry if you do not agree but people like him are not worth my time and im too good to waste any energy on that cr@p, id rather think of the hottie walking down the jetbridge behind him.
He might be in your cockpit soon...good luck.

One day we got to our destination, shot the ILS twice and weren't able to get in... diverted. Standing at the ticket counter at our alternate, passenger comes up to me fuming pissed off... "Next time, I'm flying an airline that has pilots who know how to fly in bad weather instead of you idiots"

<snip>

I was only a passenger, but headed home from MEM to MSP via ATL after a mini-vacation. Some big ol' storm was squatting over ATL and wouldn't move off so the crew wound up diverting to Huntsville after holding for a bit.

Anyhow, we're all sitting around in the terminal in Huntsville waiting for ATL to open again and the FO is trying to calm down some irate pax.

I'm sitting there smiling and feeling sorry for the poor FO when he looks over and says "See, that guy is smiling, he's not bothered."

A couple of the pax look over and I just couldn't help myself so I looked him straight in the eye and said: "The only thing that would bother me is if you went ahead and tried to land in all that mess up in Atlanta. I'd rather be late than dead."

The FO looked like he wanted to kiss me and he starts going "see, see, that's what you guys don't get."

Seemed to do the trick and folks chilled out after that.

Priceless. Of course, I didn't get home until the next morning, slept on a bench in Atlanta and caught the mother of all colds but I did my bit for the cause I suppose.

I always do a mag check on the CRJ. Left, then both, right, then both. Slight drop in RPMs, and return the key to both.

Mag check...... COMPLETE

Latest resources

Back