Has anyone flown for Aficair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Africair

I have not flown for anyone there but leased aircraft and accompanied crews down there. It takes a certain kind of individual to live and operate there.

I don't know much about Africair, but I can tell you a lot about living and working in Africa. I have spent a lot of time there, and have seen more of Africa than anyone I have ever met. I have been to 26 African countries, so I think I can speak with some authority about the place.

Do you want to fly for Africair in particular, or do you want to go to anywhere in Africa or are you just looking for a job? I'm asking because you really need to know what you are letting yourself in for by going to Africa and especially Lagos. Lagos, and in fact the whole of Southern Nigeria is at best, the armpit of Africa, and unless you're getting paid a LOT to be there, don't go. I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear that Lagos is one of the most expensive cities in the world, unless you plan on living in the style of an African, in which case you won't last long in that city.

Africa is full of beauty, wonderful people, mind blowing scenery and situations that you will experience every day that will totally change your values and views of the world for the better. Unfortunately, it also has its share of some of the world's worst places, and Lagos ranks pretty high on that list. I personally love Africa, but most people hate it. If you have never been there before, you MUST go and visit before accepting a job there. (By visiting, I don't mean going to an all inclusive tourist hotel on the beach - go and travel there and see if you can handle it). I hate to discourage you, but you really need to know about the place before going to live there. If you need more info, I'll be glad to provide it.

Latest resources

Back