• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GulfGuy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have gotten notifications to threads that I’m subscribed to only to go read them and there would be nothing there. I guess your post explains that.

Frank has refused to post several of my messages. He claims only 1 post has ever been denied but I can tell you for a fact that is untrue.

The interesting part is I am inclined toward an in house union. My intended posts reflects it. I was anti union until I caught Handshuch in a huge lie that effected me personally. He was spreading his usual gossip and attributed a false statement to me resulted in the loss of a long term friendship because the other person could not believe he would lie.

I was paired with someone who was pro union not too long ago. He brought up a great point I wanted to ask Frank about. It was how could I trust Frank to stand up for me when there is video evidence Frank cannot stand up for pilots. During the original video Frank sat there and did nothing when Mr. Ricci said some pretty crazy and disrespectful things about our pilots, our owners and others.

As distasteful as it might seem the reality is we do not want a union that has a friendly relationship with management. Respectful yes but never friendly.

I would like to know if Frank really has it in him to be willing to get on management's bad side. Because if he isn't a least willing to foresee the possibility then he would not be a good choice.

Frank has refused to post several of my messages. He claims only 1 post has ever been denied but I can tell you for a fact that is untrue.

The interesting part is I am inclined toward an in house union. My intended posts reflects it. I was anti union until I caught Handshuch in a huge lie that effected me personally. He was spreading his usual gossip and attributed a false statement to me resulted in the loss of a long term friendship because the other person could not believe he would lie.

I was paired with someone who was pro union not too long ago. He brought up a great point I wanted to ask Frank about. It was how could I trust Frank to stand up for me when there is video evidence Frank cannot stand up for pilots. During the original video Frank sat there and did nothing when Mr. Ricci said some pretty crazy and disrespectful things about our pilots, our owners and others.

As distasteful as it might seem the reality is we do not want a union that has a friendly relationship with management. Respectful yes but never friendly.

I would like to know if Frank really has it in him to be willing to get on management's bad side. Because if he isn't a least willing to foresee the possibility then he would not be a good choice.

Frank and Phil and that group dont want to run a union, a vote for them is a vote to cancel the union all together. As far as an in house union, just a little simple math will show we dont have the numbers

Frank and Phil and that group dont want to run a union, a vote for them is a vote to cancel the union all together. As far as an in house union, just a little simple math will show we dont have the numbers
I am inclined to do as little as possible is my point. I don't like the constant tension but I do realize it is managedment created tension. It's obvious Mr. Ricci will never deal fairly with the Teamsters so maybe a change is good if any other union would result in less tension.

Frank had made it obvious his idea is not possible for the simple fact we definitely need a union and it would appear he is not willing to do the uncomfortable things a union must do. No union is absolutely not a possibility.

I think it's a good question to ask. Has Frank or Phil shown they are willing to do the uncomfortable for us? Not at all. I think sometime the Teamsters have gone too far but at least they've gone somewhere. Too much fire is better than none at all in this case.

I am inclined to do as little as possible is my point. I don't like the constant tension but I do realize it is managedment created tension. It's obvious Mr. Ricci will never deal fairly with the Teamsters so maybe a change is good if any other union would result in less tension.

Frank had made it obvious his idea is not possible for the simple fact we definitely need a union and it would appear he is not willing to do the uncomfortable things a union must do. No union is absolutely not a possibility.

I think it's a good question to ask. Has Frank or Phil shown they are willing to do the uncomfortable for us? Not at all. I think sometime the Teamsters have gone too far but at least they've gone somewhere. Too much fire is better than none at all in this case.

From your above post, please elaborate on “his idea”.

From your above post, please elaborate on “his idea”.

"His idea" from what I gather from speaking with him and reading is to 1. Get rid of current union 2. Try life without a union or a contract by forming a pilots council or somesuch group to act as a liason between pilots and Mr. Ricci personally for matters that require attention. 3. If that does not work then forming a formal union will commenced including dues collection. Am I wrong? I thought his plan was pretty straightforward. I just don't agree with it. If future expectation is based on past performance then he rolled over like a trained bunny during the video and he is not the right guy. The same thing happened to out the door Rick. Mr. Ricci is a very slick hombray. Fortunately or unfortunately if pilots will ever have any say in the direction of this company then the relationship will always be a little tense. It's just who Mr. Ricci is. The political question is whether or not you think pilots should have a say in the direction of their careers. I know many who do not. Frank still has not posted my questions. One more proof he is not the right person.

1. Get rid of current union.......Been there, done that!
2. Try life without a union or a contract by forming a pilots council or somesuch group to act as a liason between pilots and Mr. Ricci. Wow....yup we had this too, the pilots on the "Council' had a 'Special" deal.....they worked a 6/5, while everybody else worked a 6/4 schedule
3. If that does not work then forming a formal union will commenced including dues collection. You me and most everybody will be long retired before we come full circle back to this, if the union were voted out tmro, it would take at least 5 years for everybody to feel the screwing, at least 2 years of card drive and get past the firings the company will do to the organizers and from FLOPS history about 4 years for a contract.

WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS FUN!! this guy sounds like a real genius

Slick move by Tricci Ricci. Encourage the pilots that got a special deal to form an inhouse union. He has to sell that fantasy on the origional Flex pilots because the old Options pilots have seen his act before. The teamsters got voted down the first time and Tricci had a chance to prove himself. He showed us how he operates without a union, and that's why we have a Union now.

Latest resources

Back