Global 7000 & 8000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I burned two PTO to do it.

There was a HUGE falling out between Sokol and Gulfstream and that antagonism was carried forward by the idiot lawyer. The cancellation of NJ's standing orders and the tone of the re-negotiations on maintenance by Sokol REALLY pissed off the now-retired CEO of Gulfstream. The cancellation fees NJ had to pay were north of $50 million but the relationship was severely damaged.

Fortunately, the new CEO of Gulfstream and the returning COO of NJ have a much better relationship and I expect an announcement, perhaps as early as NBAA in Las Vegas.

Given the "challenges" Bombardier is experiencing with the 7000/8000 development, I also expect an announcement canceling those orders (hopefully we'll also cancel the orders for that gawd-awful 605). The one thing Sokol DID do right was negotiate cancellation escape clauses with Bombardier.

75 million.

Probably not. I would not be in favor of introducing conflict into the ongoing process, which seems to be progressing ok.

You're kidding right?

That map that was laid out by the company 90 day plan has come and gone. So where is the progressing ok coming from?

Have you read the union updates the parties are very very far apart. Where is the progression?

You're not introducing conflict. The company already did that by failing to meet their own deadline.

You would be SUPPORTING your negotiation committee. Who is begging for your help and support to create leverage to get this done.

Probably not. I would not be in favor of introducing conflict into the ongoing process, which seems to be progressing ok.

Diesel is right amigo and you're wrong.

You and quite a few others in the fleet didn't believe me when I said the ONLY way to get rid of the idiot lawyer was to publicly EMBARRASS the man in Omaha.

It worked, didn't it?

Guess what? The process has almost COMPLETELY broken down and it's because of the man in Omaha. The ONLY way to get it moving again is to publicly EMBARRASS him. Again.

You're a coward. Stand up for yourself and your profession. It's a good feeling.

Or don't. Your choice.

You're a coward. Stand up for yourself and your profession. It's a good feeling.

Or don't. Your choice.

780 pilots walked plus countless others donated.

Don't worry they already stood up for those that won't.

Latest resources

Back