• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot4ever

Does anyone have any info about a glider accident in Middlefield, Ohio K7G8 ?

I heard the pilot and a 13 yr old girl were in the accident. I heard something about it hitting into a Kubota Tractor Shop.

NTSB Identification: CEN10LA035
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Sunday, November 01, 2009 in Middlefield, OH
Aircraft: Blanik L-13, registration: N1142
Injuries: 2 Serious.
This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
On November 1, 2009, at 1610 eastern standard time, an experimental L-13 Blanik glider, N1142, sustained substantial damage when it impacted terrain after it released the tow line about 200 – 300 feet above ground level during takeoff climb from the Geauga County Airport (7G8), Middlefield, Ohio. The certified flight instructor (CFI) and student pilot received serious injuries. The 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 instructional flight was departing 7G8 on a local flight. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed and no flight plan was filed.

The pilot of the tow airplane reported over the radio that the engine was running rough. The glider pilot released the tow line and attempted to return to the runway, but impacted the terrain during the turn back to the airport. The tow airplane returned to the airport without incident.

This comment is absolutely distasteful and upsetting. I am contacting the moderator of this website in hopes of having you removed. Imagine reading that trash and being the father of this poor you girl.

Moderator reviewed, and unfortunately, although in bad taste, it's not a violation of the board rules.

This comment is absolutely distasteful and upsetting. I am contacting the moderator of this website in hopes of having you removed. Imagine reading that trash and being the father of this poor you girl.

You should be kicked of the message board for false accusations.

A user said something distasteful (and highly illegal) about the young girl. That's all I shall say.

Lol What part of that was either distasteful or illegal? Lol There were no identification attempts. No names, no addresses, no nothing. Moderator - you need to explain your comments. If not for any other reason than to help us understand what is your definition of illegal postings. Legally, there was nothing wrong with the posting, btw. The info was released to the public and no person can expect reasonable privacy. Because she was/is a minor, her identification has been omitted. The information was released under the freedom of information act. Sooooooooo, explain please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back