Give 'Em a Break, It Never Snows in the USA

Mickey Mouse

Soli Deo Gloria
Total Time
I think many XJT pilots are being unfair and unreasonable with XJT scheduling and the XJT operations management team. How are they supposed to know that it would snow in the winter in North America, of all places? Let's face it, historically speaking, it never snows in places like Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, New York City, Newark, and any other North American City. Our North American climate does not encounter snow that often. If you really want to be a part the solution, go outside and yell at the sky "get out of here you snow clouds!" The XJT management team will thank you.

ILS8L

Total Time
10K+
They bought into the whole global warming thing. :D

jetstream

Total Time
I called them around 10 am yesterday to give them a heads up that my FO and I would time out and not be able to complete our day. What did they do about it? Absolutely nothing! So at 9pm that night guess what happens? Yep, we time out and the flight is cancelled leaving passengers stranded and having to be put up in hotels.

Either they just ignored me, the most likely scenario, or 11 hours was not enough time for them to do something about it.

Oakum_Boy

supercalifragilistic
Total Time
Put in an IOR. These stories need to be told. There is an element or two in OCC that will not listen to pilots, period. Upper mgmt needs to know when these failures occur. TFAYD.

(They're camped out in their offices so we have to explain what's actually happening in the operation. Sad, really)

IBNAV8R

Stand-up Philosopher
Total Time
9:30
Obviously, you don't have the "big picture."

Freebrd

Total Time
Put in an IOR. These stories need to be told. There is an element or two in OCC that will not listen to pilots, period. Upper mgmt needs to know when these failures occur. TFAYD.

(They're camped out in their offices so we have to explain what's actually happening in the operation. Sad, really)
At ASA they've been aware of this crap for decades. Doing it on the cheap causes mgt to sit on their wallets and stuff their bonuses in their front pockets as their wallets are already full! Since BH took over it's been even worse. :nuts:

I think SH should take over! ;)

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
It's not just XJT. We had an airplane at YUL (where it's been snowing and cold in winter since before Helen Thomas was born) back in December than nobody bothered to power up and thaw out, as is procedure. So, we get on, and find water and waste thoroughly frozen. Caused a 4+ hour delay.