• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Germanwings plane crashed intentionally by F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like he was under observation for mental illness and was being treated with SSRI drugs. This will be swept under the rug to protect big pharma.

So now German airlines will require a flight attendant to be in the cockpit during potty breaks like we do now. They think this is safe. Now you have just introduced another risk into the cockpit. What if the whacko flight attendant (and we have all seen them!) decides that today is the day and takes out the lone pilot. Now you have a suicidal flight attendant in charge of the plane. So tired of knee jerk reactions. Latest headline on CNN is how to guard against your pilot!

Well, don't put yourself in a position to be the victim!!!

Mentally unstable crew members

I don't know about you but I've flown with a few. Only once up front when I was a FO and he was legendary at our place but never demonstrated any instability when it came to flying. As a matter of fact he was a pretty damn good stick and knew the box at a time when many in his seat didn't.

He was high avoidance because he was so ultra weird. Tin foil hat weird. None of that stuff bothered me because he did his job very well.

Spot on what another person posted about dealing with depression. This job is nowhere near as much fun as it was before we had all the BS we deal with now, the idiocy of the TSA, the lack of respect from our companies. The deterioration of Captain and subsequently, FO authority when it comes to dealing with flight attendants, dispatch, gate agents and any other half wit that thinks they even have the remotest understanding of 91.3. Makes me depressed just thinking about it.

Go try and fix some of these issues regarding nutty flight attendants and see how far you get. Or, go try and tell the company to fix a crew member that is so blatantly rascist and insane that he brings his lawyer to all his check rides.

Step one
Time for CASS system jumpseat for all ICAO airlines throughout the world

Step two
Stop putting non pilots in the cockpit jumpseats period
Step three
Give the jumpeat where it belongs , to the captain not the agent not the company

Having another pilot in the jumpeat will help you in the long run mr airline ceo

Step one
Time for CASS system jumpseat for all ICAO airlines throughout the world

Step two
Stop putting non pilots in the cockpit jumpseats period
Step three
Give the jumpeat where it belongs , to the captain not the agent not the company

Having another pilot in the jumpeat will help you in the long run mr airline ceo

Sniper -
While I don't disagree with widening CASS access and granting Captains greater authority - there were no "jumpeaters" (sic), what does this have to do with this accident?

Hmmmmm. Now some internet chatter that he MAY HAVE BEEN a jihadi? Still waiting for the German investigators to confirm garden-variety nutbaggery or more of the same from the "religion of peace."

Latest resources

Back