Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Germanwings Crash. Why No Fires present ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

polarjet205

First my respects to the families and crew. Terrible. now that we have seen videos only a few hours old after the crash, I am left wondering where are the fires? Smoke? anything burning?

Did they run out of fuel?, seems with no fires, there was no fuel in the tanks. Just throwing that out there..

And is this web site dead or what, I'm the first to bring this morning crash up here on FI.

RIP

It looks like there was a fire, blacked cuts on the hills. But it was spread over a wide area and burned out quickly with nothing else to burn so there was no secondary fire. Heard that the crew was unconscious during the descent, That is from preliminary CVR data.

Not speculating, just discussing what has been video evidence. The Vids were not wide out enough to see the surrounding color differences in the terrain. But it seems your right, the fires quickly burned out what local vegetation was there. It's just amazing and terrifying and how small and fragmented the wreckage is over such a wide area of the valley there. Tremendous kinetic energy. Lets hope the CVR and FDR tell the tale. I hope they were all unconscious during the decent. RIP

Last edited:
Yea, now that there are more pictures from the site with a wider view, its obvious that all the grey area was post flight fire damage to the mountain side... the next question is do the euro airlines require an F/A to enter the flight deck when a pilot come out? it seems at this time that only one crew member was left up front.. not knowing the airbus, is there a way for the pilot to unlock the door without getting out of his seat? I've seem other reports that a button exists to do that on the center console?

Latest resources

Back