GAMA/Wheels Up

colt27to42

Total Time
any quality of life comments from current/past GAMA pilots please, thanks

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
Total Time
10K+
Been with Gama for 6-1/2 months now. Just finished my 6-month (Recurrent/Differences) training. Everyone gets a Recurrent at 6 months, even F/O's. Learned the Fusion cockpit. Trained initially on the PL21 system.

LOVE my job. 8/6 schedule, competent & professional coworkers. *Treated and respected as a professional*. No games or horsesh!t from Management. Home basing. Essentially, checks all the boxes for me.

I'll answer any questions that you may have, as best I can. Considering joining us?

Last edited:

Groucho

Total Time
lots
Ditto, what he said. I am coming up on 6 months after over 30 years at 121. It isn't 121 and the schedule changes daily but the company has been on the up and up and I have been treated well. Very professional training and the company works hard at standardization. No pushing on maintenance. This is a good outfit.

I am not crazy about 8 on 6 off but that is because I was acclimated to 4 on three off for so long. I am getting better adjusted to it as time goes on however.

The one thing I will say is that we have all been told that summer at WheelsUp is crazy. Lot's of legs and long duty days. I have not seen a summer here yet so time will tell. That however is simply the nature of the job and industry. I think all the fractional / charter outfits are busy in the summer.