• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Glass half empty
Does anyone know what the projected numbers for furlough are after April? Still 50-100 a month?

By the way, I hope the Connection guys are enjoying flying our routes. Maybe we can sell them off like CoEx??::D

"By the way, I hope the Connection guys are enjoying flying our routes. Maybe we can sell them off like CoEx??:"

What's that suppose to mean?

In a time of a bad economy would you rather put 50 passengers on a MD-88 and lose money or put 50 on a CRJ and turn a profit?

Once the loads pick back up I can see where it would be more feasable to put the MD back on the route.

After all, aren't we all on the same team here?

SpongeBob,
I'm thinking your post is flame bait. If you were a furloughee, you would know the vars number and would have the answer to your question. Besides, real DAL pilots know the would not engage in such banter about the DCI folks. Have a nice day.

.. Are Connection guys flying Deltas routes?? Uhhh, YES, Doesnt Delta own two of those carriers, uuuhh, YES,.. Then it seems that Delta is doing smart business by putting the right equipment into the right markets. If it wasnt for this, Delta would be going bankrupt. Connection is making money for Delta to survive. And I understand the Connection guys getting a little upset about other carriers "taking their routes", but once again, they are Deltas routes, not Connections. Same as above, for whatever reason, they are putting the right equipment into the right markets.

DAL lost 1.4 billion in 2001, that is a lot of money just gone.Would have better luck at the crap tables in Vegas.

My buddy got hired by DAL in May 2000 and he made it into the 767 last August. Currently he's back in the 737 Delta Express out of MCO and waiting to get furloughed in July. I believe the union has 2 grievances that will be addressed in April concerning, 1. Furloughs 2.reduction of mainline & growth at regional.

hawkerjet said:
I believe the union has 2 grievances that will be addressed in April concerning, 1. Furloughs 2.reduction of mainline & growth at regional.

The furlough grievance "should" be addressed my mid-April. The Block hour grievance is being "expedited" and a third grievance concerning international code-share block hours was filed last week, also to be "expedited".

The furlough grievance was filed in November...it too was "expedited".

As for the 3rd grievance, I hope the Air France pilots don't get together with AeroMexico and the rest of SkyTeam and form the Code Share Deffense Coalition. (TIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back