• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough at CCAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm no MESA pilot and I'm no fan of them either. But you guys need to lighten up. I don't think the pilots are totally the ones at fault here (For the most part). They are just trying to make a living in a very hard industry.

MESA SUCKS. Soon hopefulley Netjets will not fly on them again. learn how to wear a uniform and clean up a airplane and I might think nicer of you. Oh yea, it would be nice to have a good landing every now and then. Whenever you guys ask me to get a job at Netjets, I always say the same thing. Work for a real place like Comair, ASA, AWA, ACA and not your loser place like yours. I went on strike at Comair to stop underpaid Mesa guys from scewing the industry. Let Comair's less than prefect contact be the start and not the end.

In regards to Mesa, why is it that CCAir was always having to back them up. They came in and basically stole OAJ from CCAir and then the moment their Dash breaks, look who has to back them up? CCAir, of course. When Mesa can't crew an airplane or even find an airplane to crew, look who backs them up, CCAir, of course. Super Bowl Sunday, Mesa had how many crews call out sick? and again, look who backed them up, CCAir once again. I wonder if USAir was charged cost plus on these flights which Mesa pocketed and then decided to rape CCAir on the books. I don't know what else could be more clear. Not pointing fingers at the pilots here but at the management instead. Mesa is a dirtbag company and some people need to open their eyes.

You W.O.s make me laugh. You are the only ones complaining about every other company and yet I see you still are flying props. It seems to me that if you had any balls as you have mentioned, you would be the ones flying jets and of course you deserve them because your W.O.s. I think maybe you need to be dealing with your own problems instead of taking shots on everybody else (seems some of you might need some mental attention). As for CC-Air they accepted a lower than standard contract and will be the airline to get the jets, so you W.O.s can have yet another airline to whine about.

signed

sick and tired of hearing the W.O.s complain

By the way, how does it feel to have somebody take shots at your pilot group like you're doing to other pilot groups when the real problem here is MANAGEMENT.

From what I hear about our new contract, when we were putting together jet rates we tried to get what ALG and PDT had in their contract. The first thing management did was insist on using an industry average and made it very clear that mesa had to be included. So as a result, we again are still behind PDT and ALG. Just for fun....can someone post the jet rates in the mesa contract ?? But the real question is what is up with those "Lets Roll" hats. The uniform hats are bad enough but come on.......

Be190
I am glad that we can give you some amusment and allow you to laugh. I am assuming that you think mesa has some big balls to have that industry leading contract huh. The reason the w.o's dont have jets is because we dont want to whore ourselves out to get them. And we dont whine about other airlines....nobody else hurts the industry like mesa.

Just more whining from your favorite regionals (yes you are a regional just like everyone else so start facing the facts). I just wish you W.O.s could keep your mouths shut long enough to let someone try to explain their situation before stepping on toes. But I haven't the time nor do I care about you enough to whine about it..............

Just what we need

This is great. Pilot groups fighting amongst themselves. So much for being union brothers.

First off, the situation at CC Air cannot be blamed on Mesa pilots. CC Air was purchased by J.O. not the pilots, and he has been employing normal management tactics. Divide and conquer.

As far as lowering the bar, we are trying to raise it. Remember our previous MEC signed a poor contract, but it achieved its goal, it brought Florida Gulf, Liberty, Mountain West, and AirMidwest pilots under one seniority list. This was a five year agreement which expired Dec of last year. With one list we can bargain unified for a proper contract. CC Air is being used to whipsaw our two groups so we cannot bargain as one agent.

Also we have not taken concessions or agreed to any flying for anything less than our current payscales. Complying with our contract, however pathetic it may be. One payraise in 6 years due to managements creative bookkeeping. Life isn't rosy here folks, just because we have some jets that can go to some non union entity in a heartbeat. And that won't just be a problem for Mesa pilots.

What about Commutair and Great Lakes. They fly airplanes for less than Mesa guys. They must be lowering the bar. Time to slam them. Doesn't make much sense.

By the way, this Freedom thing is just another way for management to whipsaw and manipulate labor into even lower payscales and compensation packages.

Scouts, your personal attacks on a guy because he works for Mesa are amazing. Granted there are pilots in each of our groups that need to have a labotomy, but come on, you are way out of line.

Everyone must realize these things that are happening are not because of any pilot group.

THEY ARE HAPPENING BECAUSE OF MANAGEMENT........

:eek:

Latest resources

Back