• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fuel vs. Bags

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no dog in this fight, but I do find it humorous that a few years back when SWA operations lost money, but the overall company made money because of the hedges, all the SWA guys and gals were saying "you have to count the hedges, it's part of the strategy." Now when the airline is in the black, but the hedges lost, all the SWA folks are trying to divest the operations from the hedging.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Wait. Let me get this straight. A WN guy ragging on DL about level of passenger service?

I don't care who ya are. That's funny right there.

Maybe you would have made a profit if you charged for bags.

Southwest management DOES charge for bags, on the AIRTRAN side. Where's that fat SWA Captain on those People's Court style commercials? "We're Southwest, WE'D NEVER DO THAT........" (Riiiight)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm thinking the we would have made money if not for the hedges. Is there any way Delta makes 3Q profits w/o charging for bags?

Business folks like delto. Nobody else does. Good for them if they can make money on business class and bags. Sounds closer to a cropduster operation that hauls cargo and a couple of dudes in nice suits. Who gives a damn if you treat everyone else like sh!t right!!! Screw those people you owe money to right!!! Delto does not need to pay people they owe money to right!!! Delto rocks!!! You're the best airline ever!!!

M

Well it was a dull day in the NFL and this WS is tanking in the ratings department. What else to do after the Shiner six pack then fart grenades on FI!?!

Latest resources

Back