Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
Anyone have the scoop on what it takes to get an interview at Frontier right now? I have 3000tt, 2000me, and am a captain for a regional airline. Would I have a chance? The only problem that I see is that I do not know anyone there. If anyone can help me with any portion of this message, I will appreciate it!!!

Thanks

You have the mins. plus some. Send Resume to:
Frontier Airlines
c/o Hank Appleby
7001 Tower Rd.
Denver, CO 80249

F9 is a kick a$$ Company and a place I'm calling home for the
long haul. Please don't bother if your just looking for jet time.

Good luck;)

Could you give us some details on why it is a kick A$$ company.
Other than the obvious desirable Denver base.

And any idea when they may start hiring and how many?

Thanks

Well as far as kick A$$.. we ARE making money and expanding post 9/11. Young company with quick (two year) upgrades, and new Airbusses. (or is that Airbusi?)

We are hiring now with a class of 32 in March and continued hiring throughout 2002. We are expecting to get nine new A319's and get rid of two 737's this year also.

Good luck since the competition is fierce:)

Have a friend flying there who loves it but mentioned that the company favors Denver residents and stays away from commuters. Any truth to that ?

Yes thats very true. I interviewed there oh mid 2001 and they said right in the interview we dont like commuters. If your going to work for us you need to live in denver. The interview was VERY confrontational. I was asked at least 4 times why here vs United. I was also told by the HR lady " We are sick of training guys only to leave for united" and I was like ahhhh ya I can understand that. The CP told me we want all our pilots to live in denver. He also said very few lines are commutable. Then he asked if offered the job would I move to denver. Im at EJA now so that answers that question. :D Good luck if you get an interview!!

Hey .92. I'm glad that you are having fun at EJA. I did for a few years before coming to F9.

You are the ONLY person that I have heard discribe the F9 interview as "confrontational." Also I'd guess that 20%-25% of my new hire class were commuters. Granted I think that all other things being equal we would hire someone from Boulder before someone from Elmira, but if the New Yorker was better qualified they would get the nod.

And as for why F9 over UAL... I guess that is a moot point for now, but I was asked once by HR and once by Hank, answered honestly both times, and got the job:)

Tell Cimeroli I said hi, and have fun doing Maui turns in the pointy Cessna;)

F9 Driver

Check out

http://www.f9fapa.org/

The employment information link at the top has the latest and greatest info.

Latest resources

Back