FRG or HPN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

We are going to NYC in May, and the boss does not want to go to TEB, so we were going to HPN. But, I heard that FRG is just as close to the city, and according to fltplan.com, its a 15 min shorter flight. I also know a bunch of people there that can get me a big discount on fuel.

So, is FRG close to NYC? I don't want to go there if its a much longer trip for the pax just to save a few dollars.

Where are you coming from? Going to FRG expect to be vectored way around same with HPN from the south.

I'd save the money and time and go into teb from the south.

The west it's a crap shoot.

Try Morristown (MMU). We too have stopped going to TEB mainly because of delays. The little bit of extra drive time more than makes up for all of the sitting time at the end of the runway at TEB. Marilyn(general manager) & Jennifer(Lead CSR) at Signature have always taken very good care of us. Plus MMU is convenient to the train into the city.

Happy flying!

We are coming from Florida. It looks like the arrival to HPN brings us way east before we go back west again, whereas it looks like we can go on a more direct route to FRG, and like I said fltplan said it was 15 min shorter to FRG. But I want know the driving time distance to the city, HPN vs FRG

Depends on where you are going. New York is a big city. Downtown Manhatten, financial district? FRG is a little closer, but it always depends on traffic......

What...and Not Visit The Fine People At Millionair Teb.....bessie #1fbo Employee Of The Year....new Facility.....next Door To Downtown.....how Can You Fo Wrong At Teb.....

Groundpounder said:
We are going to NYC in May, and the boss does not want to go to TEB, so we were going to HPN. But, I heard that FRG is just as close to the city, and according to fltplan.com, its a 15 min shorter flight. I also know a bunch of people there that can get me a big discount on fuel.

So, is FRG close to NYC? I don't want to go there if its a much longer trip for the pax just to save a few dollars.

Just a thought..

using "fltplan.com" to determine that FRG is 15 min shorter flight than HPN is insane..

you can probably count on about the same time to either. Yes, the arrival to HPN goes eastbound halfway to Nova Scotia, but you wont go there..you will most likely be vectored off quick to the sound visual arrival. - assumin 34 is in use.

You simply cant predict the vectoring/delay time. I dont know about FRG, but I have held 2X for HPN in the last 7 years. Neither more than 15 mins.

Why not TEB? because its busy? expensive? Yup, you bet. Theres a reason. Its only about 6 miles from Manhatten. You simply cant beat it. GW backed up?, go the Lincoln or Holland, etc...it just works good. Pay to play brother.

I suppose it depends where your boss goes in Manhatten, but FRG seems a little conservative to me. HPN to midtown might be 45 mins. There are many ways into the city from there..not kknowing much about FRG my guess is that you are a slave to the LIE. yuk.

$hit, Southwest Airlines will take your boss from Florida to FRG for $98. Why have a citation?

good luck!

Gulfstream 200's right...Teterboro gives you the quickest access to the City. Go to Jet Aviation, they have a great fitness center.

GV

GVFlyer said:
Go to Jet Aviation, they have a great fitness center.

GV

What? And negate the effect of all those free FSI doughnuts? ;) TC

P.S.--We do EWR and only occasionally get caught in the CAL traffic.

I am based at FRG and I never really have any delays flying into FRG. The only thing about going to FRG is the traffic on the southern State parkway or the LIE. If you get there in the morning then you are going to hit rush hour into the city and it could take more then a hour to get into the city. If you get there during the day or at night you are going to have a opposite comute and could be in the city in 45 min. Also if they are leaving the city around 5 count on about 2 hours from the city to FRG traffic on Long Island is crazy. Good Luck my advise it to spend the money and go to TEB

Latest resources

Back