Fractional bases in the Pacific Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imacdog

Are there any Fractional companies that have pilot domiciles or gateways in the Pacific Northwest?

Same wish.

your reading my mind, ryan... maybe someday.:rolleyes:

There are a lot of us up here and more coming. None of those are new hires. All new hires are offered a Domicile the only one which is available west of the Mississippi that I know of is LAX.

To future hires here that may seem that we have an A/B system you should understand that NJA is becoming more like an Airline system and to that end they are creating Domiciles that will be offered/assigned. I actually foresee a day when there are bids for bases.

We would have to hire another 500 before a single assigned domicile guy will be able to use the Home Base Airport system.

In addition I believe you will be looking at upgrade times exceding 3 years very shortly. We are way heavy on the PIC side.

Think DAL was filled up and no longer offered. I know PBI was still an option.

BTW I know Geograffy I just don't know how to spellit:)

Rumor has it that the currently being offered bases are PBI, CMH and LAX. Enjoy the commute. I sure did to LAS for a year....

Last edited:
There are creative ways to comute under the new system, but I'm going to wait and see how it works out for those trying it before I make a go. The most obvious way is the hideously long drive. So far 5 1/2 hours each way is the longest I've heard. That one will be really rough on the 18 day schedule, but if you are willing to drive and have a crash pad or hotel room at least a couple of times a month on 7 and 7 it could work. The other way is to live in a Southwest city and commute to another non stop Southwest city and once you are on 7 and 7 you can probably get away with $99 one way tickets to work twice a month and then pay the difference between the cost of sending you to the domicile or home if it is more expensive at the end of the trip to send you home. You could probably get away with $300 a month or less in airfare since you will be able to buy your inbound tickets far in advance since you will know your schedule. Both Portland and Seatle are nonstop to LAX cities. I guess there could be problems if you are assigned to start out of a satellite (cab or car rental) and I guess you could get stuck ending a trip in LAX and then not have the $99 ticket home.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back