Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aero99

just a member, not senior
Last night on the 9 o'clock news, FOX had its top story being the fact that Albright Securtiy is having to lay off workers since the feds are stepping in for screeners. The interviewed a handfull of screeners and they all had some sob story about not being able to find work once they are laid off. THIS is the TOP story??? Maybe, just maybe had they done a better job pre and post 911 they wouldnt be in this situation.

Sad that when pilots are furloughed, its a 10 sec segment showing a plane taking off and just the numbers on furlough. Guess pilots being laid off (who are trained and educated) just isn't news worhty.

Being that the screeners are top professionals, educated, communicate well, well trained, and hard to come by, they shouldn't have any problem getting a job flipping burgers, or working for the transist security.

Just had to vent.....

I hear you brother!

Just smile and grin when you take your shoes off next time when your in line.

Oh yea, ill add this little bit. I like it when they let you through just because you have a pilot uniform on, THEY DONT EVEN LOOK AT THE I.D.!

Alot has NOT changed.

Be safe.

If the screeners don't look at my ID, I make them look at my ID and make sure they look at me! Then I ask for theirs! You'd be surprised that this will actually wake some of them up from their screening / ID coma.

I saw the story too. I really feel sorry for them. Where else will they find a job that allows them to grope and feel F/A's and female passengers. To be able to treat pilots like criminals and berate them. Soon they will have to study to bring their I.Q. levels up 10 points to be on the level of a rock. But hey wait. the government will hire them because they can claim handicap status..

I couldn't help but laugh at last nights 10pm headline story 24 hours after the boohoo's about losing their jobs.....

Insert foot into mouth here.....

AP:

Hundreds of passengers were evacuated Thursday night from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport's Terminal E because screeners did not verify an air marshal's identity with airport police.

The evacuation began shortly after 7 p.m. The terminal reopened at 8:10 p.m. Flights were arriving and departing on schedule this morning.

Related content
Watch Bill Brown's report
Passengers already seated on four flights had to be evacuated, FAA spokesman John Clabes said. Three other planes that took off before they could be stopped and evacuated were to be screened upon arrival at their destinations. The flights included two Delta Air Lines flights to Atlanta and a Delta flight to Oklahoma City.
Delta Air Lines, which has a hub at Terminal E, could not be reached for comment late Friday.

D/FW Airport spokesman Ken Capps said security screeners are supposed to contact the airport's public safety officers to verify the identification of air marshals and other law enforcement officers who pass through security checkpoints.

Mr. Clabes said screeners forgot to call a public safety officer at a gate checkpoint. An FAA representative who saw the security lapse notified law enforcement.

Mr. Clabes said the air marshal was found on one of the flights that landed in Atlanta.

What do the mean "found on one of the airplanes". How hard is it to check the frikin computer system for the guys name and find out which aircraft he was on!. Utter morons.

I don't think it was the screener's fault that the 9/11 attacks happened. The terrorists used our policies against us. If we had outlawed knives prior to 9/11 the attacks wouldn't have been as affective.

aero99 said:

AP:

Hundreds of passengers were evacuated Thursday night from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport's Terminal E because screeners did not verify an air marshal's identity with airport police.

Mr. Clabes said screeners forgot to call a public safety officer at a gate checkpoint. An FAA representative who SAW the security lapse notified law enforcement.

How could the FAA rep see the lapse, and not stop it from happening?
This is the second or third such incident in which all of the pax were evacuated from the terminal after someone who was KNOWN got past the checkpoint. The other one that I remember was the guy that left security after his shoes showed traces of nitrates.
How could all of those "professional" screeners, soldiers, LEO's just allowed the person to walk away? The offender didn't even know he had triggered any sort of alarm.
In the case where the Marshall's ID was not checked, the Fed who observed the incident should be fired and sued in civil court for all of the dollars lost because he allowed the incident to happen.
What was the Fed trying to do, make a point? This reminds me of the Fed who allowed the NWA crew to push, taxi, and fly after he had credible evidence that some if not all of the crew was intoxicated.

Are these Feds so wrapped up in their bureacratic red tape and procedures that they have no sense?

Man all this really sux.

Yea, I feel safe now.(and other bits of sarcasm)

8N

Latest resources

Back