Fox news begins the cruxcifiction/inquisition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lighten Up Francis

Perhaps it was because the F/O had 35 hours in type and it's on page 3 of the checklist?

Just a thought.

-fate
Guess you missed the ;) huh. I don't think it was really that big of a deal. Not Monday morning quarterbacking the guy.

Yes there is. It probably isn't nearly as critical as people think. I closes a few small valves below the waterline. If the belly of the airplane rips open, it will not even matter if you push it or not.

The airplane will sink no matter what you do. The ditching push button might just make it sink slower. Everyone got out alive so either way, in this case extra time was not needed.

If they lost bleed air most of the valves including the outflow valve would fail closed anyway.

Everybody's got to find something to nitpick. It isn't the news unless someone gets torn down.

The most important thing to remember is when contract negotiations start, they are overpaid and not worth the money!;) Other than that...is nothing to see.

Fox should be ban for not falling in line with the new world wide leftist movement...Who needs fair and balanced anyway. Bring back the Fairness Act. Yeah that will fix them!

They dont call Fox News Nazi News for nothing!

Who's 'they'? You? Haven't heard this cutesy label until now.

Yeah, unbiased news really does suck doesn't it? Go watch the Clinton News Network or the nutjobs over at MSNBC and keep you head buried in the sand. They'll tell you what you need to know and have you indoctrinated in no time.

The Messiah will make everything better after the Immaculation today ;)

CAVEAT: I don't fly the A320.

Somebody in another thread brought up the point that if both engines flamed out or had severe damage that there would be no bleed/pneumatic air to close the valve even if the button was pushed. Now if the APU was running then thats another story. But the only 320 operator I have seen is NWA and they shut down the APU after engine start. We do the same thing on the 737 assuming there is no need for its use in improved climb, or Icing near the sfc.

Moral of my story is having the "ditch switch" pushed or not is irrelevant given the situation.

Latest resources

Back