Found in Classified section

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

knelson

In the classified section of this website, you will run across this ad. Maybe a few of us should let him/her know a little about professionalism.

"Free Multi Instruction
I am a CFI/CFII/MEI who lives in South Florida.
I have 1,500+ total and 1,300 instruction given.
I am willing to teach you in your own multi airplane for free.
If you are interested, Email me at [email protected]"

Kind of tough for all of us to compete and still make a living when someone else is not charging anything for their services(of which they paid a lot of money to attain). I am not trying to start a flame here or anything, I am just a little frustrated at these givaway guys sucking the professionalism out of this industry.

knelson

Just Wondering

I was just wondering how this person has 1500 total and 1300 instruction given? When the last I checked you had to have 250 to get your commercial. Something just doesn't add up to me. Anyone else see that?

I don't like hearing this much myself, but it's just supply and demand. I used to work at a chlorine/caustic plant in the late '80's. The market was always swinging. One year we'd be making $1000/ton for cl2. The next we'd have to pay people to take the stuff.

BTW, I'm a CFII, MEI... anyone need any multi dual? Rate negotiable. Schedule's wide open.

The only thing I can think of is that he's rounding to the next 100 hours on instruction given. Maybe he has something like 1520 TT and 1260 of instruction...

I had a friend that did that. When I first asked her how many hours she had, the reply was, "Oh, about 800." The exact number was 748.

Makes sense

Yeah I guess I should have thought of that seeing how I guess I do the same when I am close to a whole number. Like now my profile says 2000 but I actually have 1992.

If you trian in part 141 all the way through commercial, the required total hours is 190.

Part 61 is 250 tt for commercial.

Maybe Ill take him up on some touch and go practice and find out how high I can bounce that free airplane

Airjackson

>>>>You can also count up to 50 sim hours toward your commercial....

I don't see how that can be. Except under part 141, the CPL requires 250 hours of *Flight time*

Flight time is defined in Part 1 as something that happens only in an aircraft. Sim time isn't in an aircraft, so it's not flight time. I don't see anything else in 61.129 which allows any wiggle room for sim time.

regards

Latest resources

Back