Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Do foreign carriers have the same PRIA access to training records as domestic U.S. carriers? This was recently brought up on an internal company message board, one pilot who is looking at overseas work wanted to get a copy of his training records to send to a prospective new employer. The company said he could view his records, but would not release any copies, nor allow him to make any copies, unless it was accompanied by a PRIA request. So anyone know if foreign carries can use PRIA to request records? Do any U.S. airlines provide records to foreign carriers?

My Chinese carrier just took my logbooks to scan through and made a copy of my tickets. The rest you prove in the simulator. They never asked for any other records of training. That would be a new wrinkle and pita. What are you going to do about a defunct airline you used to work for and their records? It can be impossible.

What are you going to do about a defunct airline you used to work for and their records? It can be impossible.

I was asked to provide names of co workers that could verify your time there in such a case. Are you sure they didn't ask for your records to the previous employer? I was told because I'm friends with some administration people and they told me about it, but otherwise you wouldn't really know if they requested your records or not. With all the chatter in China about false hours and the likes, it is surprising to me that absolutely no verification of previous employment is made. But of course it is China! LOL!

Do foreign carriers have the same PRIA access to training records as domestic U.S. carriers? This was recently brought up on an internal company message board, one pilot who is looking at overseas work wanted to get a copy of his training records to send to a prospective new employer. The company said he could view his records, but would not release any copies, nor allow him to make any copies, unless it was accompanied by a PRIA request. So anyone know if foreign carries can use PRIA to request records? Do any U.S. airlines provide records to foreign carriers?

I don't recall PRIA every being used for me. I do remember having to submit letters from the FAA validating my certificates and a letter of no accidents/incidents. I also seem to remember submitting a years worth of checkride records.

But of course this is China. So true. Everyday it's an adventure.

My company requested records from my US jobs and also released my records when requested (and I gave permission). It all depends on the company overseas.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back