• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For what it's worth.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been hired at two major airlines without a college degree. Niether one was my first choice though. I spent almost ten years at a regional airline while younger and far less experienced guys were hired at the majors. My advice is that if you have the opportunity to finish your four year degree then do it.

I wish someone had told me this when I was younger! Thanks for the advise guys, and I would recommend Excelsior University, as it's much cheaper than ERAU, and eaiser to deal with, from what others have told me. Good luck to all.

AV80R,
It is a smart move to get the degree. Years ago I interviewed with TWA and was qualified right up to the time they said, "If you only had a degree". That hurt so I went and got one. A lot of good it did, they went Tango Uniform in the interim. Well at least I was inspired to finish. If all else fails it makes you qualified for other things.
Good luck, study hard and best of luck to you..

I agree with the degree also. I have about 130 credit hours but because of the mix and match I never got a degree as I would have had to spend one more year at school. I have 7 kids and 3 in college I'll never have the time to get that degree now. But I will do it one of these days, as outside of aviation without a degree you won't get anywhere. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back