? for Piedmont Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spartus

I'm a new hire starting next week. I was wondering what you folks views were on the bases. I'm probably gonna end up moving and would like to have some insite. I'm aware that the father south you go the more senior and if you do get say a fl. base then you'd probably be on reserve alot longer. Thanks for the help

Let me add to "the voice of experience," DASHDRIVER." I was with Piedmont for two years back when Dashdriver was... well, probably in the womb or thereabouts.

I was based in New Bern, by choice. It was near my home. Great place if you're married and like to fish and hunt. Not the best place if you're single and want to do more than watch TV at night.

I think New Bern is still relatively junior, but you'll have to ask Mr Experience about that.

Charlottsville. Party town, lots of fun. Great plcae.

Norfolk. Lots to do.

Again I don't have any recent first hand experience on the seniority of those bases.

Piedmont's a good company with great people, and some of them are even experienced aviators (trust me).

Good Luck

You'll have fun no matter where you end up.

Despite Mr Positive's comments to the contrary I can relay the fact that 11 of the 25 new hire went to ROA this month another large majority went to CHO. and only one went to EWN. Things may change in the next couple of months with the relocation of crew in and out of the new base in ROA and additional DCA flying. Hope this helps. And don't worry most of the old guys are not as nasty as Mr Experianced is.

Gee I thought INHOT was very positive and upbeat, don't be so touchy that he has more overall experience and knowledge of Piedmont then you, You'll learn with time

I apologize if my comments seem overly neg. Somtimes it get tirome to hear over and over again that some of the yonger fo's don't belong here. That we have not paid our dues. I guess you start looking for it sometimes. I do learn and appreciate the experiance from the senior pilots.

Latest resources

Back