• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying in India

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they need the pilots that I have heard, they need to hire an HR professional. I appliet directly to an airline over there as a DEC. I finally got an unorganized e-mail that wanted copies of everything, but no way to forward it. No address or fax number included in the email. Better yet, when I got the email I had two days to gather all the information and forward it to them, and had to pick a date next week to fly to India for a screening. I would like to go over there, but I need some advance notice before hopping a jet to India for a week or two.

Hi,

At Oasis Hong Kong you currently have to be type rated on the B744 or at a minimum the B747 and have 500 hours on type or more. If you don't, our on-line application won't allow you to submit.

If you are type rated, definatley apply because we are currently interviewing.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi All!

I have a contract offer to fly for Jet Airways (737 Capt). But I need a lot of information about living there and in particular about taking my wife with me? Can ANYONE out there help me out? Or put me in touch with someone living there?

Thanks! My e-mail is:

[email protected]

Later,
rosy rosenthal

Rosy,

I strongly suggest you visit WITH your wife before you make that call. I am open-minded and love visiting/living overseas but India is an absolute no/no.

The only way it can be explained is if you go there and see for yourself. Not saying it cant be done as a bachelor but having a spouse deal with that is asking for trouble.

FYI,

fv

I am an amrican on contract with Air India based in south India.
Jet Airways, has come a long way as far as their expat contracts are conserned, and are now considered by far the best "indian" contract to have. Mumbai is a BIG city of about 20-25 MILLION people, and therefore is no different that New York city, if you look at it in that context i may be easier to assumulate your self there. The Indian people are primeraly an Asian people and function as such so their driving habits or their aggessive manner in the Mall or on the side walk is no Different, but they are more diverse that you would think. The conditions that you will be living in are far better than i have in the south where i am and also the people in mumbai are much more easier to deal with, how ever Indians are a strange folks in that Socially they are not predisposed to a social life as we know it and unless you are introduce by another indian of credibility, you will have to find ways to entertain yourself, during your down time. At jet you WlLL fly 6 legs a day and have 11hrs off with 36 hr off at the end of the week. so social life may be limited. however for what theyare paying you and the manner in which they treat expats , i would diffinately jump on it.
All the Best.
GHB

I am an amrican on contract with Air India based in south India.
Jet Airways, has come a long way as far as their expat contracts are conserned, and are now considered by far the best "indian" contract to have. Mumbai is a BIG city of about 20-25 MILLION people, and therefore is no different that New York city, if you look at it in that context i may be easier to assumulate your self there. The Indian people are primeraly an Asian people and function as such so their driving habits or their aggessive manner in the Mall or on the side walk is no Different, but they are more diverse that you would think. The conditions that you will be living in are far better than i have in the south where i am and also the people in mumbai are much more easier to deal with, how ever Indians are a strange folks in that Socially they are not predisposed to a social life as we know it and unless you are introduce by another indian of credibility, you will have to find ways to entertain yourself, during your down time. At jet you WlLL fly 6 legs a day and have 11hrs off with 36 hr off at the end of the week. so social life may be limited. however for what theyare paying you and the manner in which they treat expats , i would diffinately jump on it.
All the Best.
GHB

I respect the fact that you live there and i do not however to suggest Mumbai is comparable to New York is in and of itself ludicrous...whats more you go on to mention in the same breath that Indians are not predisposed to a social life...a la Gotham one presumes.

fv

As an expat on contract, can you upgrade from FO to capt? I have all the qualifications for Capt. Positions i.e. jet PIC, time in type and so on....just no PIC in type.

Or as an expat on contract are you stuck in the position hired for?

thanks

Tiger in Singapore and Vietnam Airlines are doing upgrading for FO's in your position, another option is a direct command (if A320 typed) at Qatar, they pay 12K USD per month and supply housing (a villa). Call me if you are interested in Qatar, my friend with no A320 time just got hired in the L/H seat, said the training is superb.

Latest resources

Back