• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying in India

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indian Carriers definitely hire expats and they pay very well. You generally will need a type rating in an aircraft that they fly and 100-500 hours pic in type. They seem to be looking for ATR and Airbus capts.

Just pick up the phone and call Floyd in scheduling. He has the hook-up.

If you go there as an ATR Captain, is there any chance of moving over to an Airbus/Boeing after your ATR contract?

Hi All!

I have a contract offer to fly for Jet Airways (737 Capt). But I need a lot of information about living there and in particular about taking my wife with me? Can ANYONE out there help me out? Or put me in touch with someone living there?

Thanks! My e-mail is:

[email protected]

Later,
rosy rosenthal

rosenthal....I'll email you all the info abt living there, taking your family and nice places to see while in Mumbai. You'll definitely love the pay and you'll be treated really well. Rest I'll e mail you.

Ed,

Haven't been there myself, many crews I work with have come from various contracts in India, first of all, flying is at a frantic pace, 100 hrs +, schedules are non existent, for instance, at GO they call the crews at 9pm each night to learn their roster for the next day, if you don't get called, it's your day off :erm: , hygiene is not what you are used to, people getting GI problems are normal (flambosis of the blow hole), money is good but not much of a social life, you will probably live in a 5 (sort of) star hotel, transportation provided by the company, usually free food and free phone calls, overtime after 70-80 hours depending where you are at. Hong Kong Oasis out of Hong Kong, or Pacific Airlines in VietNam would be better deal, IMO. Good luck!

Jetairways Experience as Cpt 737 NG
Hi Guys ,

a lot of Pilots asking how it is with Jetairways.
eusa_wall.gif

Here some hornest Infos after one Year working for them.
Rostering 6 days on 1 day off , but dont expect that you dont get disturbed on your day off. ( last day close to midnight , first day after off early morning
shiner.gif
)
Money on Time.

Werner Borcherts emails to change contract details without negotiating concerned pilots ???????? in a rudest way
bah.gif

8 Weeks on 2 Weeks off , but now no travel days in front and after your block off anymore , so actualy 8 weeks on 12 to 11 days off.
80 Hours = 8700 US overtime 105 p H.
pick up and drop , Hotel ??????????????? , Appartment
confused.gif

Sim Checks , Medical on your own consideration and in your block off time of course.

Upgrade from 737 to 340 and 777 as expat forget it.
Some nice friends , FOs and Cpts in Germany with lot of experience , very disappointed during a outrageous Assessment by RWL with Mr Werner Borchert
cwm13.gif
and N.V.
Some will not start with jet as long as mr W.B. is in company.
Now the best = Tickets for your tavel block off , min 3 to 5 times to show up in SM Centre to get it few hours before your Travel , not on Jet then standby status.
Welcome in India.
DGCA works slower like escargots can walk , training ok.
Atc , i dont want to start otherwise this Letter will be TO LONG.
eusa_wall.gif
eek.gif

Some FOs are not allowed to take of and land the Acft. and experiences close to zero , but only close.

Many happy Landings and lot of Air under all your wings Gentleman.
Hope my english was not to bad.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Cpt G.
thumbs.gif
Here's some firsthand info. :(

Latest resources

Back