Flying Disney

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi All:

Does anyone have any information about the Disney flight department? I believe they had a few aircraft and were based out of Burbank, CA a few years back....The department does not go by the Disney name I believe. Any insight or info would be appreciated!

Thanks

I may be mistaken, but I thought they were called Shamrock Aviation. Maybe that is one of there dba's. However , they are in the new hangars adjacent to Media aviation (BUR) They have a pretty good size fleet.

SHAMROCK is Roy Disney(BBJ), not company aircraft. EARTH STAR is the corporate flight dept. for Disney.

I got to tour the BBJ a couple of months ago. It was the nicest airplane I've ever been in.........
FD

Bulbous Business Jets

I toured Jack Welch's BBJ a while back and have been on the Executive Jet BBJ that flies from Windsor Locks as well as the Boeing demonstrator- In my opinion the Boeing Business Jet is just a convienient place to store a couple of GE engines. Sorry Lee...

Last edited:
BBJ

GVDriver,

Thats a pretty bold statement about the BBJ, especially when I looked at that looong list of substandard aircraft you've flown!

p.s. I hope you have a good sense of humour.

DA2000

BBJ

You're right, I thought the XV-15 was a piece of crap and it's follow-on, the V-22 is what you get if you combine everything that can go wrong with a helicopter and an airplane all in one place. Helicopters are a bunch of parts flying in close formation all trying as hard as they can to get back into the box they came in. You couldn't make the Casa fly in trim and besides if it has props, it belongs in the water...

All that aside, it's interesting to note that three of the original BBJ position holders, to include Greg Norman, never accepted their Boeings and all are flying GV's today.

The Chief Pilot of one of those departments is a friend of mine and a bit of a wag. He was complaining that if they got rid of their GIV for the BBJ, it would have a negative impact on flight department pay, in that there are a lot of Boeing pilots out there and not many Gulfstream pilots, so the Boeing guys will work for a whole lot less...

Latest resources

Back